1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When I came out to my friends :3

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by mansonsgirl27, Oct 9, 2012.

1. mansonsgirl27

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hai ! I'm Amanda :slight_smile: I'm a freshman in high school and it's been about a month since i came out to my friends, and I can finally BREATHE. lol xP so I hang out with a moderate amount of LGBT people (not all of them, but at least a good 60%) They are all so accepting and I feel free now, finally :grin: So the day I came out my friends and I were all just sitting at lunch, and my (straight) friend Alex was just going around asking people if they were bi or gay and when he came to me, I finally said it. My friends were just like "You're bi? Cool." they didn't have a problem with it and Im SOO happy lol.

But I'm not out to my parents yet... I want to tell them sometime before Christmas, just as a little goal lol. My parents are very accepting, but it's still a big thing for me. I've been trying for forever to tell them though, but it's going to happen and I will give details asap. ;D So what's your story? I would love to hear and get to know some people on here :slight_smile:

2. stephenjack

congrats, and good luck with your parents!:slight_smile:

3. SkyDiver

That's awesome. :slight_smile: I'm so glad things are going great for you! Welcome to EC!

I had great coming out experiences with my friends. When I first began to tell my closest friends, I was very ashamed of being gay, so I would say "I have something horrible to tell you..." and the first time that someone told me that being gay wasn't an awful thing I was really shocked. I told very few people for a few years, and I was terrified of anyone even suggesting that I might be gay. Fast forward a few years and here I am telling absolutely everyone! I like it when people assume that I'm gay! :slight_smile: My friends have all been extremely supportive and understanding.

4. abluepolicebox

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    That's great congrats! I'm planning to come out later this month to my parents and then sometime this year to my friends. My parents are the same they're accepting but that doesn't make it easier... congrates again on coming out :slight_smile: