1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It finally happened!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Zach12345, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Zach12345

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Basically i knew i was at least bisexual for two years since i was 13; I had accepted that even knowing i was barely ever attracted to girls. Memorial weekend down at my lake house my brain literally the only thing on it was whether or not I'm gay and it didn't stop so I went on here and must I say did that clear some stuff up. It helped me realize i needed to break it down to the bare minimum of what am i attracted to? and after two years in denial i accepted that fact I was gay and I was good with it.

I'm and extremely impatient person and just thought wow something has to be done to act on this, knowing well that many suggest to take it slow, but that didn't appeal to me. so within a month i was ready to tell my best friend, the first two times I tried telling her we couldn't hang out and so the second time i was like " I needed to talk to you about some stuff tomorrow" (the next was national coming out day and thought it was a great idea to do it then!)

Now the words "I needed to talk to you about some stuff probably weren't the best choice of words and so she got worried and was insisting i tell her whatever it was over text. Now i really wanted say this in person for some reason it seemed like the only way.
    so i asked her if she knew what the next day was(national coming out day)she didn't so I said "I'm being completely serious and none of this is a joke" and she replied "ok" and i sent "Tomorrow is national coming out day" almost instantaneously she replied"Is it really? Wait. Arem you?.." and probably the scariest moment of life ever was typing and sending"Yes I'm gay. Please don't utter these words to a living soul until I say it's ok" She said "I swear to it, are you gonna tell your mom tomorrow?" I am nowhere near ready to tell her and replied with "no no no no no no!!!I'm nowhere near ready for that right now i'm in a cold sweat and i'm shaking from fear!" She said afterwards she loves me supports, respect, and was here for me. Those words brought up probably the deepest feelings I've ever had and honestly it was nothing that I was expecting and I can't describe those feelings at all. All i did was cry for happiness, fear of what was to come, whether or not i was ok with what i just did.

The first question she asked me was(ohhhhh and was i expecting this question!!) so who do you like?

we went into she asked me a q and i would answer and we said good night.

Honestly this was as i said before the scariest moment of my life and the most emotional.
    I really hope it gets easier because it was nothing of what i expected, but up to this date my most happy decision I've ever made :slight_smile:

2. Just1Dude

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yay! So glad you have such an amazing friend, and glad you are happy! Very exciting : ) I also like the way you told her, very cool! I hope the rest of your journey is just as smooth and great as this!

3. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

AWESOME!!!! So cool:thumbsup:

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First off, congratulations on accepting yourself and coming out to your friend. It's great that your friend is supportive and there for you. :slight_smile:

Your first coming outs are always going to be the hardest ones, because there will be this little voice inside of you saying: not so fast, and holding you back. But as you continue coming out and receive support, and the more comfortable you become talking about yourself, the more easier it will become to talk to others about your sexual orientation and to say "this is me."

Take it one person at a time. :slight_smile: