1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks to tequila now pretty much out at college...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by TheKidWhoRuns, Oct 11, 2012.

1. TheKidWhoRuns

Well, after coming out to a few of my xc teammates a couple of weeks ago I thought that I would leave it at that and continue to slowly come out at college over the next few months however, that was plan got blown up yesterday.
    Yesterday was my colleges' biggest party of the year. The college sponsors the event, provides unlimited kegs and alcohol and the entire school shows up, socializes, and gets absolutely wasted together. Up until this point I had drank some while at college but never to a point where I was really drunk. Well while at the party one of my friends brought many bottles of tequila, and me thinking "It's the biggest party of the year....why not drink a lot?" I partook in many, many, many tequila shots and got very drunk. When I get drunk I apparently get very well...friendly. I ended up making out with (according to my friends) at least 6 different guys very publicly. Well right then I pretty much came out to a bunch of people without saying anything...
    In retrospect I guess this actually is not too bad of a way to come out as it was low stress and I came out to a lot of people at the same time. Also, one of the best looking guys I met last night came up to me today and we are going to go get some coffee and actually get to know each other this afternoon!!!!
    Also, an epiphany I had was that nobody at college cares about my sexuality, which is amazing. Everyone who has asked/talked to me about it has generally been surprised but very supportive and cool about it (it probably helps that I go to a very liberal college).
    Now only if I can work out the guts to tell my friends/family back home...however this is a huge step that I'm so realived to have taken.

2. NordicSpirit

Yea, I think being obvious is a fun way to come out! Congrats and good luck on your date!

3. jimL

Wow. That sounds like an awesome way to come out. Hope your not feeling too hung over today. Good luck with your coffee date. Let us know how it goes.

4. BNQ2012

Glad it worked out. Hope your date goes well!