1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by ItsAllConfusing, Oct 11, 2012.

1. ItsAllConfusing

So I was going to come out to my best friend last weekend. I failed miserably, and chickened out. So today I know it is National Coming Out Day, so I told myself this morning I HAVE to get it over with and call him after work. Well I got home from work, and was really worked up and nervous. I decided to go for a walk to calm myself down before I called. I was walking for probably an hour and realized I wasn't going to calm down until I did it or chickened out again. I quickly called him so I couldn't chicken out again.... Well I could barely hold the phone against my ear because I was shaking so bad, then he answered.... I said hey and then said you know how I have been wanting to talk to you for a while? Well this is gonna be awkward but I like guys and girls....after what seemed like the longest pause ever which was probably only 5 seconds, he said he kind of figured that anyway. We talked about it for a couple minutes, he made sure to remind me that we are best friends and I should know he won't say anything to anyone. We then just went into talking about the normal stuff we would talk about any other day for probably 10-15 minutes then said bye. I literally started jumping up and down from being so happy it went well!!!! Thanks to everyone here who gave me advice, I needed it!!:eusa_danc

2. Haley M

Haley M Guest

Yay! Congrats! That has to feel good!!

3. Muraba

Muraba Guest

Congratulations! I'm glad you're happy. :slight_smile:

4. AlexisAnne

Congrats. That's awesome!

5. Thyker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Congratulations! There is nothing greater then a positive, supportive response! :slight_smile:

6. ItsAllConfusing

My favorite thing about it all was how we just kept talking like we always do. That made me feel so good because I was worried it would change how he acts around me. I was only ready to tell him, but I might have the courage to tell a few more friends now