1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out on a second, more comfortable facebook account

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by O_Negative, Oct 11, 2012.

1. O_Negative

Hi guys! I have two facebook accounts...my main one for anyone, and one that is completely blocked from all family and anyone associated with them. I decided to come out on the no-family account today as pansexual and gender fluid. Here's what I just posted:

Okay so its National Coming Out Day...and anyone who is friends with me on this facebook account knows something is funky...I mean I changed my sexual orientation on here and set my middle name as Gage. So...to anyone I haven't already talked to, I would like to let you all know that I identify as pansexual and gender fluid. Pansexual is pretty well known, but gender fluid, not so much. Basically it falls under genderqueer. I do not feel consistently male or female...I do feel pretty distinctly one or the other though. I love my given name, so I chose to use two names and have people switch pronouns. Gage is my male name. I wear a blue and black paracord bracelet on my right wrist to indicate that I am a boy that day (which I have been for over a month)...If anyone has questions I am plenty happy to chat. As far as pronouns and such, this needs to stay away from any and all members of my family and all faculty at school, around them I am still Danielle, but so long as we are around other students and/or staff that have SafeZone training and such, it would absolutely delight me if you called me by my preferred pronouns. I love all of you ♥...Happy NCOD!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

---------- Post added 11th Oct 2012 at 06:37 PM ----------

Sorry guys...I meant to post this in coming out stories...can someone please scoot it over there for me?

2. O_Negative

Thanks admin peoples!

3. O_Negative

So...wow...that was not even a big deal. Basically a bunch of my friends liked the post and a couple sort of just said nonsensical stuff because thats how my friends are.

I also emailed a staff member at my school that I trust about it...it'll be nice having someone that isnt just one of my friends knowing...

4. HatterMad

That is very cool Gage, congrats!

5. O_Negative

Thank you Hatter!

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats!! I'm glad that it went well!!

7. O_Negative

thanks thecat06! I've come out to a few others since then...one being an excellent friend of mine. Heres what I posted on tumblr about that because it made me so happy:

I have an awesome friend =)
    So if you’re a Homestuck you know what a moirail is. For those of you who do not, a moirail is a word for the trolls in the webcomic Homestuck. The word means something like “friend”, but a very specific kind of friend. This friend keeps you sane, keeps you balanced, makes sure you get things done the way they should be done but makes sure you don’t go nuts. Moirail is the person that makes sure the things you do are healthy and with your best interest in mind. They keep you going.

My friend Cody is my moirail. Seriously. We don’t hang out or even talk every day, but when I don’t want to go to class when I should, he makes me. If I can’t get motivated, he makes me do my work and reminds me I can hang out later. And Cody is accepting.

I came out to him as gender fluid to him this morning. He read a post I put on Facebook about it and then, without even looking up, said “Alright Gage. So when you’re wearing your bracelet, you’re a boy, right?” And I said yes. He asked me when he was letting someone know I’m gender fluid if he should use the pronoun of the day or what, I told him I didn’t like gender neutral pronouns and to please use “she” and Danielle, because that is what I legally and biologically am. He said alright, and that was it. He made me smile so hard. He’ll definitely defend me too. Like a good moirail. He’ll keep me safe.

I wish I could return such a friendship, but he hasn’t really needed me yet =)…somehow I will.

XDDD

8. HatterMad

That is awesome :thumbsup:

9. O_Negative

*comes out to lots of people as gender fluid*
    *everyone begins getting used to Gage/he*
    *immediately switch back to being a girl*

#Gender Fluid problems.

10. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't you love it when that happens?? Mine went the opposite way.. I came out as pangender to my college's pride group and now I'm in one of my male cycles.

11. O_Negative

its just silly haha. Oh well. People know about my bracelet at least. the real test will be when i switch back and see if people actually remember...because if this lasts as long as the last one it'll be a good month before I switch around again. =P

12. D4rk Sp4rt4n

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wow that's awesome. I think I'm going to do the same, as in make another Facebook account and tell my friends I'm gay, cause I'm sick of lying. Just completely sick of it.

Also I was a philosophy major and learned a ton of counter arguments against those who are anti-gay. I'm prepared. Thanks for this awesome idea, and for the education of people who are "Gender-fluid", I've never heard of it, but I understand it quite well I think.