1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Was not planed but went better than I thought.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Hidinginalabama, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Hidinginalabama

So I have been working up north for 5 weeks now away from home. Its been a great job and all. This is the first job that 3 or 5 people I know understand that I am gay. Well this week I was trying to get a laid off ( its a normal thing for people that work in the trade that I work in and we look at it as a good thing.) and they would'nt do it. I told them that I had things back home that I needed to do. The truth is I really just wanted to go home and see my boyfriend. Well they wont not until next week so I am flying up my boyfriend on sunday. Yesterday they asked me to work sunday but that is the day he comes up so I told them the truth some what. I said I can't cause I have to pick some one up from the airport. My boss did'nt want to know why late night but tonight was different. He walked up to be when no one was around and asked who it was. I looked at him and asked if he thought I was a good worker. He said yes. I looked at him and said the person that if flying up here is my boyfriend. He didn't know what to think and I dont think he still does but at least he likes me as a worker. It was not planed but in the end it worked out. I just hope he doesn't talk about what the bible "says". Oh and to top it off it was still national coming out day so yay(!)

2. Cloudbreaker

That is a good story. Congratulations! Hopefully there are no negative repercussions from your boss knowing, but him not knowing what to think seems like something that is on the positive side in this situation. I mean, he wasn't immediately repulsed by you, right? If true, that would be a very good sign.

3. emopuppy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Congratulations!