1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure if I should be happy or sad…

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Caudex, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Caudex

Caudex Guest

Well, I came out today to one person, which is good! Yay! And he's not homophobic or anything, he just said, "that's cool," or something like that. We had been talking about slavery or something and it drifted to rights and then LGBT rights and then he asked if I was gay, and I said yes. But there's also a bad component. He also asked if I was attracted to him, and I said no, because I didn't want to freak him out or anything. But then he said he could tell I was lying because of some subliminal sign he learned on the internet. So now he's keeping a wide berth. Oh well.

2. Ticklish Fish

Well, congrats lol. So he saw signs that you're attracted to him? lol

3. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

Congrats! That must feel great! Are you actually attracted to him? Or did it just make him feel awkward you came out to him? Some people immediately think you like them, and that's why you're telling them.

4. AlexisAnne

I used to get a little paranoid, and when I came out to my straight male friends, it always came with the rider : I'm not interested in you like that. Most of the time it wasn't needed, but I felt better for having said it.

Like RueBea, I have to ask: Are you attracted to him, or is his claim without merit?

Either way, I think you'll find that it's far better that your out to him in the long run, so congrats on that! To answer the question in your title, I think you should be happy.

5. Pat

Pat

Lol. If it makes him feel like he needs to be on guard. kiss him lol. jkjk don't do that. But just kinda tell him that you respect his sexuality just like he respects yours. Honestly, the attractions I've felt for my two closer straight friends went away when I told them I was gay. It was weird because I was with one of them, Tim in the mall helping him find a hat of all things.. lol. and I just looked at this guy that I once thought was so beautiful and wanted to be with him and nothing was there. I just loved him for accepting me and being so open to our friendship.

6. Caudex

Caudex Guest

I'm actually attracted to him.

7. emopuppy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Congrats for coming out. I hope things doesn't get awkward now that he knows you are out and like him. Is he gay or bi?

8. Caudex

Caudex Guest

He's straight. But he said he's cool with it. He said he likes being unattainable or something…

9. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Is he actually going to be nice to you, or just aloof from now on. I'd be really hurt if someone behaved like that to me.