1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My story.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Nerdling, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Nerdling

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey everyone! Since this is a place for coming out stories, I figured I'd post mine.

I came out to 8 of my closest friends on Tuesday, four days ago. I came out to another last Wednesday night. It was probably one of the scariest things I've ever done. I didn't do it in person, I came out via text message. Tuesday night I couldn't sleep and it felt like something was crushing my heart and I didn't know what but in the back of my mind, I knew. I probably typed and deleted my little speech about 8 times before actually sending it. I waited in the darkness for about ten minutes before I got the first response and I was shaking so bad, if someone was watching me it would probably look like I was having a seizure.

But the responses I got were so amazing and positive, I actually threw up because I was so happy ( or maybe it was a stomach bug….) but yeah. For the past few weeks I had felt like I had no real friends, but after coming out I realized ‘Wow. I do have friends. And I am loved.’

I'm probably not going to tell my parents, at least not for awhile considering I'm still living with them and they're the ones who are (mostly) paying for my college education. :x

So, yeah that's my story. It was really a major relief though, telling them. c:

2. bubblyhappy

bubblyhappy Guest

Your story was amazing. How do ur parents see the lgbt community? if they are accepting of lgbt, then you have nothing to worry about.

3. Nerdling

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you. :slight_smile:
    I don't really know how they feel, I remember watching one of the singing competition shows with them about a year ago and one of the contestants was gay, and my mom & dad were like 'is she gay?' and I responded with 'Yeah. Is there something wrong with that?' and she said 'No.'

On the other hand, they are pretty hardcore Christians and sometimes say some things that put me off of telling them. In the end, I don't even think they know how they feel about the LGBTQ community. I'm prepared for whatever their reaction is, because I've played the situation in my head over 1000 times, I would just rather be out of their house before I do it just in case.

4. bubblyhappy

bubblyhappy Guest

I think give them more time.
    Let them completely pay off your college. hey you deserve to go to school.
    Have they noticed you as being gay without telling them?
    I think you should also be honest to them, being lgbt is not a crime. they made you from their genes not by their ideologies. its a matter of timing to come out to them.

5. Nerdling

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah, definitely going to give them time. But I don't think so, but I've never dated or shown signs of being interested in a girl, so, I don't know. I feel like they're ignoring it. And indeed!

6. bubblyhappy

bubblyhappy Guest

always be true to yourself. :slight_smile:

7. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm so glad everything went well! (!) You have good friends who accept you! That's wonderful and I wish it happened more often so I'm glad it did for you. :icon_bigg

8. Bree

If they haven't said anything openly against LGBTQ* people, the chance of you being disowned is pretty slim. It might take them awhile to get used to it though.

9. Nerdling

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Bubblyhappy; Indeed, thanks! : )

myheartincheck; Thank you. :grin:
    Indeed they are pretty great, and it really should happen more often. :]

Bree; That's true. While getting disowned is one of the possibilities I've thought of happening after telling them, I don't think it would actually be a real one. The worst, I believe would be them not understanding. I just need to be prepared for anything.

10. metoo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Nice. That is great. Exxcept for the throwing up part.

:goodluck:

11. Ticklish Fish

Are you okay after you threw up? You might want to see a doctor if you have other symptoms and recurring vomiting....

(and COngrats on coming out! But your health is more important!)

12. Nerdling

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks, meeto! Yeah that wasn't great. xD

kacho; Oh yeah. I was really nervous when writing out the text and waiting so I think I just couldn't calm down fast enough. But thank you, for asking. : D