1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

telling mom

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Sam, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Sam

Sam

well I felt like sharing my story about how I told my mom that I am bisexual. while I do like both men and women I do actually tend to feel a greater attraction towards women. Anyway so for years I was in denial about it and I didnt want to believe it or deal with it I was terrified. after a few years I told my friend and she was ok with it but didnt like it. a couple of years after that I decided to tell my best friend which was terrifying but I did it and she said that it didnt matter to her and that I was the same person i've always been that was a huge relief it felt like a lot of weight was lifted off of my shoulders. I still had another person I had to tell my mom. I wrote a letter and kept it on my computer for several months about 7 months i finally printed it out and kept if for another couple weeks until I came up with a plan I would put the letter in an envelope and give it to her and go for a walk at the end of the letter it said if you are at least half way ok with this call me on my cell phone and if your not dont call me. well I gave her the letter and I was so nervous I was shaking and near tears I was afraid of her reaction so anyway I gave it to her and I left the house and went for a walk I stopped and sat down on some stairs a few blocks away and called my friends for support by then I was in tears because I had been waiting for so long to do it and also because I was scared of what she would say. I seemed like forever but it was only about 30 minutes and my mom beeped in on the call waiting well I had decided I wasnt going to answer it and to only listen to her message. after I was sure she had left a message I hung up with my friends and listened to her message it said I will love you always and forever never forget that. a while later I went home and we talked and I answered the normal questions like how do you know? and that was it she completely accepted me. Now life has gotten a lot better

2. NACHO

Awwww Thats Sweet That She Supports You! I Wish Not Only Parents But Every One Could Support Gay People. The Wourld Would Be A Happy Place With People Beeing Them Selfs.
    Well Congrats Again! At Least You Will Have Somebody To Talk To.

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Wow that is wonderful. I am so pleased she is accepting.

It could be a bit awkward over the next few weeks as she gets used to the idea and asks the same questions again and again. It has taken you several months to get to this stage, so I'l sure you can understand that she will need some time too. It is going to be fine though. You couldn't ask for a better initial reaction.

What an excellent first post too. Welcome to EC!

4. Sam

Sam

it was in June when I told her so she has gotten used to it. It did take a few weeks though a few weeks of questions and me answering them because she wanted to try to understand it better but yeah I think the shock factor has worn off thanks for the replies and Im happy to have joined this website I hope this post helps others to have the courage to come out to the ones they love