1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling Awkward

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by JasmineFirebird, Oct 14, 2012.

1. I finally came out to my brother and sister. My brother kept asking me if anything was wrong. I told him how I was feeling, and surprisingly he was fine with my whole problem. He told me i'm his brother no matter what. My sister was also accepting too, and she told me that she loves me too. But since today I felt awkward around them. I know that they know what I know and I feel awkward knowing that they know now. It is normal to feel awkward. I just feel awkward about it now.

2. SkyDiver

It is normal. You just need time to get used to the fact that they know, and everything will be back to the way it was. :slight_smile:

3. madi

I felt pretty awkward about it after I told my mom and dad. They were really accepting, but I kept feeling like they hadn't taken me seriously and also worrying about if they had told other people. I had a lot of strange questions going through my brain after and felt really weird around my parents. I think it is completely normal. I know that I felt awkward personally.

4. itsjoanna

it's normal, don't worry. you're over thinking it. i felt like that when i came out to my friend. i thought things would change and everything would be so different but nothing is different. i'm sure most of us have felt awkward after coming out.

5. AlexisAnne

It's normal Jasmine. When I came out to my mom with my orientation we both felt pretty akward for a little while. It passed and I'm sure it will for you too.

6. Thanks you guys lol I've been feelins less awkward about how things have been going. It's getting better living now. :slight_smile: