1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I Came Out to my Dad

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by CalebCael, Oct 15, 2012.

1. CalebCael

And he was completely cool about it. It was also as I suspected that he had an idea that I am the way I am. He was pretty cool about it. So I'm pretty happy about that (So long as it doesn't turn out like my mom did where it's a strained topic now)

I actually, and as a disclaimer I'm fully aware of how cheesy this is, when I walked up to my room I actually did a little "YES!"

That's 2 out of 3 family members indefinitely aware, next up is my sister. Can't wait!~

2. Ticklish Fish

Congratulations! hahaha. lol

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's awesome!! I'm glad to hear that your dad reacted well! Good luck with your sister, let us know how it goes!

4. amess

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Congratulations on the good news. About your mom, I wouldn't worry about it too much. The same thing happened to my mother when I started to come out to her, and I started at 13. Now, I am 20 years old and although at times it does feel a little uncomfortable talking to her about my love life, it is easier than when we first started. She is just wanting me to be cautious and happy and all the while make good decisions in my life. I hope this gives you a little comfort.
    I hope your sister responds the way you'd like. Good luck!!!!

5. CalebCael

Haha thanks you guys! And thanks as well for the reassurances. I am hoping my mom will come around soon, I mean the subject will come up on occasion it's not like it would be an easy thing to ignore should I have a girl over for dinner. It is helpful to know that this happens to other people and it ends up improving at least. I'll also be sure to keep you all posted on the matters of my sister (and I feel pretty safe about that one so that won't be too difficult) <3~

6. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's wonderful, Caroline! I am glad that you have such caring and trustworthy parents.

7. Gallatin

Congratulations, that's awesome! :slight_smile: