1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Came out" (if you want to call it that) to my dad

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Sbianca, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Sbianca

Out Status:
    Some people
    This was a good experience, but it happened so quickly it took me a minute to realize what had happened. I'm bisexual, probably a 4 or so on the Kinsey scale. I've come to this conclusion after a lot of self-evaluation, and I'm very comfortable with it.
    I never thought my dad would mind. I thought he might be skeptical and want me to wait a while before coming to a conclusion, if anything, as I've never dated anyone at all. He called me to say hi, etc. (I'm a freshman in college and live on campus). Here's the conversation:

Him: So, any boyfriends?
    Me: Haha, no, definitely not.
    Him: Any girlfriends?
    Me: Haha, no, neither.
    Him: (Laugh) Okay.

I think he suspected. The subject changed at that point and it simply wasn't a big deal. I'm glad he knows but I don't think he'd understand why I doubted that he'd accept it in the first place. Not bad. There's my boring little story; just thought I'd share.

2. Ticklish Fish

Well, lol. not sure if that is turning out well or not. How's adapting to college?

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's great that your dad asked whether you have a girlfriend. Now you know that should you one day come home with a girlfriend, he won't mind. :slight_smile: