1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

THAT was it?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by dj015, Oct 19, 2012.

1. dj015

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi EC! I just wanna say first of all that I've been reading posts and looking over this website for quite some time now. I was on the verge of posting in the Support and Advice and I am incredibly happy to say that I no longer need to and I can now post here, in Coming Out Stories. Because I have officially come out to someone for the first time in my life! :icon_bigg I know for many of the experienced people here this doesn't mean much but it's the world to me.
    I've been going back and forth over telling my new friend in college. I had decided not to tell him cause I always wanted to come out to my parents before anyone else. But I would've had to wait 'til I went home for Christmas and I just couldn't wait anymore. Not a day went by when I didn't feel tired of pretending. So the topic of being gay came up, he joked about me being gay and I simply admitted it (well, actually the coward in me confused him by saying yes, no, yes, no... and finally YES). It just felt so... amazing. I can't quite explain it. On the one hand, I felt relieved, released. I felt like myself, fully honest for the first time with anyone else. But it also felt so incredibly normal. Like I had done it a bunch of times. I wasn't at all nervous, I didn't feel weird saying 'I'm gay' out loud with someone close by. I guess all that practicing in front of the mirror helped! All that fussing for this, it wasn't hard at all! At least this time.
    So anyways, he was completely fine with it (as I knew he'd be), said it obviously wouldn't change anything and actually was interested in hearing my story which, until then, I did not realize I had to tell. But once I told him, I had to tell him everything. And now, I just feel happy.
    So, that's it. Thank you for reading this, I just had to share my happiness with other people. I may be a looong way from finishing being completely out but hey, one step at a time. Parents, here I come. Oh, and by the way, how much of a mood killer is it to come out on Christmas?:bang:

2. Ticklish Fish

Congrats! (Now go study your exams! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)
    maybe you can make a thread about coming out for christmas in support forum?

3. Fruitylicious

Congratulations(!) Also it is always nice to hear each persons individual coming out experience, so don't ever think your's is less important(*hug*)

I am thrilled to hear that though, you had a lot of courage to do that:slight_smile: As for coming out on Christmas, why not? It's the holiday's, a time of happiness and cheer and if you feel like coming out to your parents on Christmas, do it:eusa_clap I don't think it would be a mood killer, your parents might even be thrilled that you finally could share this with them:icon_bigg

Again I am glad everything worked out for you and I wish you luck in your future coming out's:slight_smile: Keep us informed on how everything goes(&&&)

4. dj015

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hmm a Christmas outing thread... that's an idea. I'm guessing my parents should be ok with it so if I gather the courage I'll do it! Anyways thanks for your replies, I'm really looking forward to being a part of EC!