1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out to Mom

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by swimmingkevo, Oct 21, 2012.

1. swimmingkevo

Last night I came out to my mom over dinner. She didn't believe me at first and I still don't think she totally believes me. I guess she's probably in the denial stage of the acceptance process. It could have been worse, but it wasn't exactly the reaction I had been hoping for. She didn't ask any questions and I feel like that isn't good. Has anyone had similar experiences, and would you please share what happened in the weeks after you came out to your parents?

2. Ticklish Fish

Well, congrats on coming out!? /still in closet

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats!! My mom didn't ask me question for a few weeks after I came out to her. She is totally ok with LGBT people, I think that it shocked her that I was a member of the LGBT community. I would wait till she seems ready to talk about it.

4. xXPsychedelicXx

Came out to my mom more than a year ago. She was super accepting, it really didn't shock her much, but she didn't ask questions or talk about it afterwards. I'm not out to anyone else in my family, and I have two siblings, so I'm not often alone with her. I guess that's why she hasn't said anything.

Maybe your mom is just in shock. Give her time. (*hug*)