1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swing and a Miss -- Faulty Coming Out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Daydreamer1, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I had a breakdown a few days ago and in it, I finally said enough was enough--so I texted my mom about how I'm feeling and hoped it would be enough for her to know that I want to make progress. We didn't talk about it the day of, but we did the next day or so on the way to my doctor's appointment. We were talking about things like what she would have named me had I been born male and with that I thought we were finally going to make progress--more progress than I had in therapy. But like all things with me, good things fade quickly.

I brought it up again later when we were going to get my meds. She gave me the same old "call yourself what you want" and "do what you want" thing, at least that's how I saw it. I couldn't help but to feel like she was indirectly saying all of this was a conscious choice and we were right back where we were the last time I bought it up. I only wanted to talk to her at that time because I needed to make legit progress instead of getting triggered in therapy by someone that didn't listen to me and someone who pretty much made it seem that because my presentation isn't masculine enough, that I shouldn't be mad at someone who misgenders me...except they do it all the time regardless of how many times I tell them what my PPs are. :bang: But through all of this, a cousin did talk to me and said she'll be there for me. I just didn't have the guts to reply back.

I wish they took things as well as my friends have.

2. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sorry about your situation. She probably needs more time to wrap her head around it. But you do have people who care about what you are going through, your cousin sounds terrific and from what you said your friends are too, and that is a very good thing so hold on to that feeling. And if anything else you have all of us here because we care about you too.

Hang in there bud, your doing okay (*hug*)

3. Haley M

Haley M Guest

Yes it definitely takes some people longer than others to accept that! Try not to worry so much about it. I bet she will come around!

4. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks guys. It just kills me though. This December will mark two years since I've tried to talk to my mom about it. She and my grandmother actually really love and nejoy shows like RuPaul's Drag Race so I thought that alone would help push the acceptance thing along better. (My grandmother doesn't know yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if she turned out to be super supportive)