1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sister Knows

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by CalebCael, Oct 23, 2012.

1. CalebCael

I told her back when she was here. Just sort of let it out as casually as possible (because let's face it, depending on your situation coming out to your family can feel like a funeral.) I was fully aware that she's not homophobic, which cooled that down a bit. She was pretty accepting. That was a relief, so now all my immediate family know. It's been pretty lukewarm as far as reactions go. I mean, I think my mom is finally starting to really adjust to the idea, which has been good. (Although, it's still awkward to talk about any crushes on girls and such). My sister, while being cool about it, didn't really seem to get the whole being only romantically attracted to males. Honestly, I was pretty certain the concept wasn't that difficult to understand. She kind of also has the whole "well you've never had sex with a guy, so how do you know" thing going down. I'm pretty sure she wasn't being to serious, it's just fairly frustrating (Honestly if I'm repulsed by the idea of trying something, I'm not going to want to try it and go out of my zone of "ew gross do not want").

I guess it's all part of adjusting to the news. Either way, I'm out to all immediate family members (it's doubt-able that I'll ever come out to extended family, but oh well).

On a warmer note, everyone who I've come out to at school have been completely accepting so that's been brilliant.~ Just felt I'd give an update~<3

2. The Queen Bee

That's awesome, dudette.

Yeah... Some straight people just don't understand how this thing work.
    It'll take a little while to completely sink in.

But, you're doing great... :grin: