1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Friend Helena

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by jaysuss, Oct 24, 2012.

1. jaysuss

So i decided to come out to my friend Helena who has always been really liberal and accepting of everyone. So i told her on the bus ride to school and all she could do for like 5 minutes was say "Wow" and "I can't wrap my brain around this". She had been trying to hook me up with like 5 of her friends apparently. They were all girls who wanted me but she now gets to tell them I won't date them lol. After the 5 minutes of that she said I wish you were jewish just so I could say i knew a Gay Jewish person. I know she means well and all that but later on today it kinda hurt me on what she said so bluntly.

I text her saying like hey whats up and her response is "You like boys!" Like why the hell do you have to make it something out to be so big and bad when you know how I felt. I took it as nothing thinking she was just joking but then she asks a question. "Do you feel alone" I don't know if she was trying to be kind or plain being a bitch. Like what the F*** do you think I feel not being accepted by most people.

I otherwise thought it was pretty cool how she reacted but after those few texts she really pissed me off.

2. alwayshope11

Maybe she is just trying to reach out to you..sometimes people react by being awkward when they are surprised