1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out to my best friend O.O

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Cheese Love, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Cheese Love

It's been a ritual to go to church every single Wednesday for youth group or lent services ever since we were in confirmation together. Speaking of, that's how we met.

Lately, we've both stopped going. For me, it's just a battle in my head between religon and morals, which I'm sure a lot of you know about. Going to church often makes me want to die or something like that, and I've been giving myself time to sort all of that out. We'll still go on occasion, and especially tonight because we happen to like the lent services because there's no youth group.

So, right away after school we hang out at church, go to the service, go home. Sometimes I drive her home, and she asked me the other day if I would. I've been trying to come out to her for a long ass time, thinking about it since summer. Sometimes I say I'll tell her and I can feel I won't, but today I had that gut feeling that I was really going to do it. And a positive, she lives farther away and it would give me time to speak up.

Every light would come and I'd tell myself to say it, but wouldn't. Finally I'm on her road and start going,"Okay, ummm..." And then stuttering about how I don't have any idea why I'm doing this, but I have to.... I was just a stuttering mess, pulled into her driveway and she calmly, unbelievaby nicely said, "Just say it." And so, I said it: "I'm...I'm I'm..Gay."
    Dead silence. So I started stammering how sorry I was that I said that and trying to explain myself and she goes, "Rachel, just say it."
    I guess I didn't speak up enough :confused:

So, I said it a second time, this time a little better. Total relief: "Rachel.. That's really cool. I'm honored that you would tell me." I forgot what I started saying after this, probably how relieved I was AND THEN... "Okay, seriously... I.. Think I am too."

WHAM.

When thinking about this situation, it's easy to doubt it.. But she was 100% serious and totally sincere.

It was the most amazing experience ever... We sat there for maybe thirty minutes and were just able to talk about everying. Before that, we always told eachother everything, even our problems with self-injury and abuse we've goen though.. Shit, we understand everything the other person is talking about.

I'm just so amazing happy right now. For the longest time, although I'm out to a couple friends, I've thought there's no one person who would understand if I tried to explain what was going on it my head.. And she totally does.

She thanked me for having the courage to speak up and that it helped her so much, but she helped me so much, too.

Damn I feel good! :grin:

For the longest time I thought tears of joy were a myth... No, I didn't cry but I absoultely know what that feeling is now.

2. Brett

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! That is the most amazing thing EVER!!! Way to go! I love a double come out!!!!!! It's just so.....so......COOL!

Srry 4 spazing, but the same thing just happened to me and it really hasn't even hit me till now and I'm like uber excited for u but I'm stealing from ur fun by being excited 4 me......srry......

But still WOOT! Go you guys!!!

3. Cheese Love

That's totally awesome! So you know this awesome feeling of elation I'm going through!!?!
    =DDDD

And I'm excited for you too! =D

4. Brett

Yeah it does feel pretty amazing! And thanx! I glad that you care!

5. Bader

Bader Guest

omg thats so awesome !!! unlike my best friend lol,
    you should invite her to this website ! :grin:

6. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow that's awesome!! Wish that could happen to me.......

7. Astaroth

For some reason, that really surprised me when she said she might be gay too. It's usually pretty difficult to sneak one up on me, but damn, that was unexpected! I'm so so happy for both of you! (!) You are very courageous to have told her, especially since she was a churchgoer no less! But this is the perfect reward. It's just awesome that you now have this additional bond between the two of you! Congrats!

8. jab429

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The first person I ever came out to was one of my really good girl friends and she ended up being a lesbian, too!

It was so crazy bc within 5 minutes she told me she was a lesbian, and I told her I was gay! It was an amazing feeling.

9. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Congrats and what an outcome!!!

10. Alexander

hehe

great story :slight_smile:

the same thing actually happened to me, except the other guy came out as TG :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. Psychedelic Bookmarks

teh awesomeness! :grin: congrats!! i really hope that will happen to me one day :grin:

12. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Congratulations! That's brilliant!! :slight_smile:

I wasn't expecting the "so am I" line either!

13. biisme

That's awesome!!!!!!!

that's like....the best ending ever!!!!!

14. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

cool experience congrats

15. Time

That's the best reaction to coming out in my opinion. The person really understands when they're going through the same thing. That is sooo awesome! Congrats!

One question. Would you two ever consider a relationship?

16. divadarya

Wow....what an INCREDIBLE story....that's an experience you can carry with you your whole life and just feel warm 'n fuzzy about. I know how much I depend on my Trans friends(one just joined on here, btw);they understand.
    big big big congratulations
    (!) (!) (!) (!) (!)

Darya

17. Cheese Love

Haha umm... That's actually a tough question. The rational part of me says no, she's my best friend.
    I don't think I like her like that..
    But you never know. Still, I highly doubt it.

18. Words

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Awesome, awesome.

That is like... the perfect coming out!

19. Alex89

Similar with my best friend!

He came out to me the next day as bi!

Congrats on the awesome outcome! (lol, randomly just realized outcome = come out reversed. Ignore me. I'm random today)

20. Wired106

wow congrats!! Your so lucky that you have a friend like that.