1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Than I Intended

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Geist, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Geist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yesterday i decided to give my brother the "green light" so to speak to let his friends know that i am gay. I was planning on telling them myself since we are kind of friends, but we arn't good enough friends to justify coming out to them one by one. My brother agreed that he would tell them but only if the subject comes up.

Personally i was tired of having to hide myself from them and i knew that that subject wasn't going to likely come up anytime soon, so i decided to tell one of them that my brother had somthing he wanted to tell her. And i told her that just mention i told her to ask and also to be sure to pester him on the issue or he won't tell.

After getting home i found out that he not only told her like i expected but he told the entire group of people that we sit with on the bus. From what he told me they are all ok with it and i have nothing to worry about, but I am not sure how tight lipped they are and since several of them go to my high school it could very shortly become public knowledge. I am not mad at my brother by any means because i am ready to come out completely but i am a little worried because i really don't know where my out status is right now.

2. Astaroth

Wow! That's exciting and nerve-wracking at the same time! Kudos to your brother's friends for not putting up a wall between you and them (or them and your brother either). It sounds like things in that arena will be fine. As to your out status at school, let us know how things turn out! I think that either way, you'll be just fine. I grew up just to the east of Spokane (Couer D'Alene area), and the folks in that area, while fairly conservative, generally seem to mind their own business about touchy subjects.