1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by danni91, Oct 26, 2012.

1. danni91

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey guys

So i'm new on this forum and I just wanted somewhere to talk to people who I know will understand my issues about coming out. Also I just wanna be able to chat in a place where I know I will be accepted.

Ok so here goes!

I'm a lesbian and I have the most amazing girlfriend I could ever ask for! I've been with her for almost 3 years now. Alot has changed over these 3 years. We both lost our friends due to us being together. They didn't accept the fact that were together and they we were gay.

It was so hard at first, but together we have grown stronger. My girlfriend who is called Amy has been outed at work. She didn't tell anyone, a girl who she works with found out. Amy found out that she has been gossiping about it.

I'm so worried for Amy as coming out at work, I don't think it will be so easy for her fo some reason. Can anyone maybe just give me a bit of advice on how to help her?

Thanks guys. :icon_bigg

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there, and welcome to Empty Closets! You have come to the right place for gaining support! :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear that you have lost your friends, and that your girlfriend was outed at work. Why do you feel that it wouldn't be easy for her if she is out at work?

I think at the moment, and with what you have mentioned thus far, the best thing you can do is provide support, and be there for her. Have you talked with her about the kinds of policies that her workplace might have in place in regards to human rights and sexual orientations?