1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my best friends girlfriend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by kuzya3k, Oct 27, 2012.

1. kuzya3k

Hi guys I'm new here. Just wanted to share how I came out to my best friends gf.

I was hanging out with him and his gf and he already knows I'm gay. So we're hanging out and they ask if we can chill at my house so I say "sure if my mom's not home" and I go and check.

Lo and behold she is home but there's good news! My new rainbow wristband was wrapped in a package and sitting right on the computer desk for me. My mom probably thinks that it's one of those supplements I'm always buying but no...it was a gay wristband.

So I go back and I hang with my friends and we decide to head to the park. The whole time I'm hiding my wristband from his girl until my best friend finally confronts me and asks me in a subtle way "Hey I think my gf and I would like to know why you don't want children" (I don't know if I do or I don't but of course having it naturally would be a bit hard) so I kind of beat around the bush for awhile and finally I just let her see my wristband.

She covers her mouth for a moment while smiling in surprise and says "so you're gay" and I'm like "yeah" and she's like "oh that's okay it's just who you like, you like boys".

I was so surprised...I expected her to tell me that I'm going to hell and what not and she was like "no I have other gay friends too"...I was stunned!

Oh well this gave me hope for coming out to more friends. I'm even wearing my wristband to work today. Wish me luck!

#1 kuzya3k, Oct 27, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  2. The Queen Bee

Cool.
    Glad to know it went well.

For me, I think for friend's significant others... well, my friends can out me... tell them for me, if they feel like it.
    I've told them it's OK to let them know.

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to Empty Closets, and congratulations on coming out to your best friend's girlfriend! Great that it went so well! :slight_smile:

4. kuzya3k

Thank you I'm glad to be here! :slight_smile: