1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D: I need info

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Desire, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Desire

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Okay, so not really a comming out story as such.
    I just need to know
    when is the right time to come out?
    when should I?

I doubt right now is the right time because I still wake up everymorning wishing things were different.
    wishing that I were "Normal" , whatever that is
    I'm still afraid of everyone's reactions.
    esspecially my parents.

so, when and how do I come out?

2. Bader

Bader Guest

only u can answer that

3. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

agreed
    only you will know when it is time to come out

4. Andrew1403

Andrew1403 Guest

hey desire...its a normal thing to wish you were normal and everything was normal...i did the same as well but kept waking up the nextday as still the same person "me" a gay young man...it is kind of painful wishing,praying,dreaming, to try to silence that little "voice" / "feeling" in your head thats saying," Im gay..Im gay...Plz let me out!" In my own experience iv tried all of those things to try to silence that feeling in my mind...iv even tried drinking it away WHICH DOES NOT HELP!...dont abuse drugs or alcohol to try to solve it...i think when you are ready you will just be too fed up with using up way too much energy putting on the "straight act" day after day...and you will know if u just want to tell the ones you love who YOU really are...its up too you...if your READY...then GO for IT...if not..wait awhile longer until that voice or feeling has grown too strong and is uncontrolable...i personally feel i have waited too long...i knew i was gay by the age of 19 and couldnt bring myself to tell anyone...iv almosted wasted 4 years of my youth since then...if the situation is right...go for it...all and all its your own decision of what you think is in your best interest to do...:lol: I hope you find happiness soon:lol:

5. Cheese Love

I think the best time to come out is when you absoutely know you can trust the person you're about to tell... And you should be comfortable enough with the person to tell them :]

But really, when you do it is your decision and no one elses.

6. otc877

otc877 Guest

I agree with the others, only you know when the right time is to come out.

However, if your feel like your parents may kick you out/stop supporting you, I would suggest putting off coming out to them until you're independent of them.

It sounds like you're in stage 2 of the 7 stages of coming out. <---- I suggest you click that, it's really resourceful and insightful.

When I came out to the one person I am out to, I did it completely on impulse. I had no intentions of coming out to her. I just needed somebody to talk to it about, I just needed somebody else to know, it was a very odd feeling, but I just KNEW that I had to come out to SOMEBODY.

Hope this helps