1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My first outing.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Adamantium, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Adamantium

Adamantium Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    (In my initial excitement, I posted this in the wrong section of the site. If a mod wants to move one of them, go ahead. I hope this is okay.)

Hi everyone,

For the past few months I've been slowly coming out to friends I trust the most. One of them is a great straight female friend who has been my biggest supporter and best friend through all of this. She invited me to a Halloween party with her last night that was thrown by a couple she knows. She wanted me to attend a gay event. We had about 50 people in attendance and it was mostly gay guys, some straight girls with a few straight guys mixed in. I was so nervous and even almost backed out at the last minute, but I went.

I AM SO GLAD I DID!

Everyone was so welcoming to me and I made some new friends. I live in a small college town in the deep south, so being surrounded by other people like me was such a huge change and relief at the same time. I met new people, had a few dances, even got kissed! On the way home (I rode with my friend) she told me a few of the guys there talked to her about me when I was away getting a drink or dancing and I have some interest. The biggest compliment of the night?

"They said to keep your mask off because you're too cute to hide that face."

I feel so alive!

2. Haley M

Haley M Guest

That is great! I wish I had a supportive friend to talk to more often. I'm so happy that you had a great experience with that! :slight_smile:

3. Joey4

Haha. Very cool. Congrats, buddy.

4. Brenny

That is pretty amazing!