1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Told my best friend today!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by madanesor, Oct 28, 2012.

1. madanesor

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I told my best friend today that I was gay. I wanted to tell him all yesterday but chickened out so I texted him last night saying that I wanted to talk to him about something. We met up today and i just told him! I was sooo scared before hand I almost threw up but I am relieved that it went so well. He didn't say much at first but then once he got over it was just like "OH thats great. good for you congradulations" and he gave me a hug. We talked about it for like an hour after that but then he invited me over and we ended up hanging out the rest of the day just like normal. At one point his roomate said something on TV was gay and me and him both just looked at each other and laughed but overall its good. He just told me "not to become a huge flamer" but he meant it in a joking way he was just ripping on me like always. He even told me he still wants to hear all of my stories about everything and updates on my love life so that was kind of unexpected!

For those of you that ready my other post you may know this is the one friend I have had a crush on for a while. I decided against telling him about this, and I am really happy I did. At one point he asked me if I liked anyone and i sort of smiled and said yeah but I don't want to talk about it. I just told him that the person was straight and I knew nothing would happen so it didn't matter.

Overall I feel great, its nice that I got it ove rwith!

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on coming out to your best friend! I bet it is a relief of knowing it is behind you, and that he is so supportive. That's great! :slight_smile:

3. Ticklish Fish

Congratulations! LOL.