1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First time dressed in public

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by AlexisAnne, Oct 29, 2012.

1. AlexisAnne

So, I did it. I was sure I'd talk myself out of it, but I went out with a couple of friends last night to a Halloween party at a local gay bar, and I went fully dressed and made up. It was absolutely amazing. I know I don't look perfect, but I'm posting some pictures from the night, and I was just wowed by my transformation.

It's strange but, relatively safe environment or not, I thought I was going to be extremely nervous. When we finished getting ready though and I looked at myself in the mirror, I nearly cried I was just so overwhelmed. That reflection, the way I looked, it just felt so right. It was like all those times over the years that I've looked at myself in the mirror and seen my normal face staring back at me, this was what I was supposed to have been seeing.

So we went out, and it was great! I literally had the time of my life. I know I wasn't completely passing (If nothing else, my unchanged voice was definitely a giveaway) but it really didn't matter. I'm reasonably sure that anybody (at least outside of the establishment) who saw me from a distance, probably assumed I was physically a woman. We had a great time there, and I got to meet a lot of fun and interesting people and I had a few drinks. I'll admit that I barely waited until we got in the car to take my heels off.

I stayed at my friends' house last night, and went to therapy dressed as well this morning. Just left their house dressed and drove over there, something I can't really normally do because of my living arrangements. Although she did tell me about the one unisex, lockable bathroom in the building where I can change, so I think I'll probably be doing that dressed from now on as well.

Anyway, I had a fantastic night, and I just wanted to share that with all of you :slight_smile:

2. Fruitylicious

Awesome:grin:

Congratz, I'm glad to hear it went well, especially since it was your first time(*hug*)

That took a lot of courage and I hope that from now on it goes just as well, I have thought about going to a gay bar, I can't legally drink alcohol, but I think it would be interesting:grin:

I hope everything goes great for you and I am glad you shared your story:kiss:

P.S. I have wore heels before, I can't blame you for wanting to get them off:lol:

3. That's amazing. It's great to hear that you did it. It's good that you're coming out now and feeling comfortable and having fun. That's good.

4. Cassandra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Waaaaaaaa I'm soo jealous :icon_redf:icon_redf:icon_redf:icon_redf:icon_redf

Reading your experience gives me some courage. I don't think I'll be doing it too soon, but I'm definitely doing it!!!

Anyway, congratulations!!!!(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

I'm so happy for you:icon_bigg

P.D. Where are those pics? I want to see some pretty girl...

5. AlexisAnne

Thank you. I forgot to mention that when I went to therapy, (Probably because I was dressed) I wound up in an elevator with four other people. Normally I don't run into hardly anybody, but for some reason today was different. They were very nice and polite and we even exchanged a little small talk. It was a little surreal being outside the safety context of the bar and interacting with people in a real life setting.

Cassandra, the pics are in my album on my wall. Enjoy :slight_smile:

#5 AlexisAnne, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  6. jvn95

Congratulations!

I'm happy for you!

7. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

OMG You look AMAZING!!!! You look so good :slight_smile: YAY! Congratulations on an wonderful night out. :eusa_clap You go girl

8. Caudex

Caudex Guest

Sorry, I read the title wrong…you do know what that sounds like, right?

9. Pain

Pain Guest

That's why we read the whole post, no? :slight_smile:

Congrats! It takes so much courage for that!! :eusa_clap:thumbsup:

10. AlexisAnne

Michael: Thank you so much. That means a lot to me. My biggest fear was that the finished product would look terrible.

Caused: Maybe it was a ploy to bring in readers like yourself.... Ok, I honestly didn't notice it until you pointed it out. When it clicked, I laughed so hard :lol:

11. aeva

Hooray!!

You look amazing, and I'm so glad to hear you had a wonderful time. Congratulations are definitely i order!!

12. AlexisAnne

Thank you Aeva :slight_smile: It was wonderful.

13. Since I already gave congrats, I wanted to comment on the elevator thing. I think that's a huge step; interacting in a gay bar is a lot different than normal, everyday events like using the elevator, and if it were me, I probably would have just tried to make myself invisible in the corner. Good job. :thumbsup:

14. AlexisAnne

Thank you E. I'm honestly more proud of that than anything else. It wasn't easy and there wasn't a lot of talk, but there was some, and I'm pretty happy with how I handled it. :slight_smile:

15. everett

Congrats! Your courage is contagious and definitely motivating for me to break down my gender closet around me.

16. AlexisAnne

Thank you Everett, and good luck to you. And thank you Andrew.