1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I got outed to my sister..NOW WHAT?!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Rarar, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Rarar

So, my friend started working with my sister two weeks ago. My sister asked my friend how I was at school, to which my friend replied that I had changed since the whole coming out drama. So my friend outed me to my sister accidentally.

My sister hasn't said anything to me about it, but I'm too scared to say anything to her. Should I ask her about it, or just pretend I don't know? Thank you! :wink:

2. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

If you feel the need to, ask her how its like working with your friend and see where it goes from there.
    Or you can ask her outright, but that depends on how close you two are.

Good Luck (*hug*)

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If she hasn't said anything, that means she's keeping it on the downlow...which presumably is what you want? If so, you might just tell her "thanks".

Lex

4. I would still confirm it if she's not a homophobe, but that's just me.

If you don't want her telling anyone, tell her. Explain the situation. Your friend outed you when you didn't want to be outed.

I'm bisexual and I was outed by an ex-friend to several other girls. None were homophobic/biphobic, and one of them ended up being my girlfriend!

5. Rarar

Thanks for the help! :slight_smile: I actually didn't mind being outed to my sister, as I've been too scared to do it myself, but it's just the awkwardness of trying to bring up the subject. :/