1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

came out to 2 coworkers!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Andrew91, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Andrew91

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Today at work I was talking to one of my managers at work, who is like a mother to me. I can pretty much tell her anything. We were talking and I told her that the reason I couldn't truly "get" with anyone at the moment is because I know that I like guys and girls and I don't know how to go about finding someone I'm interested in. She told me that who I am, is who I am, and no one has a right to tell me how to live my life since it isn't any of their business. She told me that she doesn't think any different of me and still likes me regardless of who I like!

I also told another coworker of mine, she's 18 years old and a senior in high school. She was with me and my manager a minute later. She heard the tail-end of our conversation and asked me, "You like girls AND guys?!". I told her yes, that I knew since I was like 12. She told me that it doesn't change what she thinks of me and that I'm always her friend no matter who I find attractive.

I'm so glad that it went well, and whether or not they tell other people without my permission or not, it feels so much better that atleast 2 people in my everyday life know now and I don't have to keep it bottled up anymore! (!)

Also, to add more to my great day, I come home to find out that Star Wars Episode VII is being released in 2015! Not quite as relieving as coming out, but that helped too lol.

2. Ticklish Fish

Congratulations!

now get back to work! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Andrew91

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you! I got off work an hour ago thankfully lol! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. AlexisAnne

Congrats, that's awesome!

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on coming out to your co-workers! Great that it went so well. :slight_smile:

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats! I'm glad that it went so well!!

7. Andrew91

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you all for your support, this is why I look forward to going on Empty Closets everyday! :slight_smile: