1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"I know"

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by DrummerGirl, Oct 31, 2012.

1. DrummerGirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    About a month ago, I was in the car on the way home. I was driving and my mom was in the passenger's seat. It was night time and I was planning to take a girl to homecoming a few weeks later. I suddenly remembered when I came out to my brother. It had been a similar night, but he was driving. As we rounded the curve where I had finally told him, my heart started pumping faster and faster, and I almost just spit it out. A little while down the road, I tentatively said "Mom?....." she replied (I don't remember exactly what she said). After what a pause that seemed like it stretched on for hours (it was probably a few seconds), I gripped the steering wheel and spit out "I'm gay". As soon as I said it, I glanced over at her. I was still extremely tense and all she said was "I know". I have to say, that wasn't the most comforting thing in the world :lol:, but I immediately relaxed. She went on to say she had guessed a while ago, but when she asked my brother, he wouldn't give me up (god, I love him). She told me that she and my dad love me and pretty much said they have no problem with it. I told her I was going to take a girl to homecoming and then she asked awkward "mom questions" (you know what I'm talking about :icon_wink). I answered them and she told me I needed to tell my dad soon (she ended up telling him). So I guess I've got the hardest part over with :icon_bigg Pretty much everyone I interact with on a day-to-day basis knows. Not to be big-headed, but I'm pretty damn proud of myself.

2. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

YES YES YES YES AWESOME!!!!!!!!:eusa_clap

That was terrific! I am sooooo happy for you (!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!):eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

3. Fruitylicious

Congratszzz:grin:(!)(!)(!)

I am so glad everything went well!! I hope everything from now on goes just as smoothly as this:slight_smile: (&&&):kiss:(*hug*)

4. DJNay

From Joburg, SA but now live in Brisbane, Aus
    That's awesome :slight_smile: yeah I had the conversation in the car too but with my dad, all I managed to spit out was "I like girls" and he replied "ok". Cars ate awesome talking devices :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Alan Lewrie

That's awesome DrummerGirl! I'm glad it all came together so well for you! :thumbsup:

6. whitwhit82

You SHOULD be proud of yourself!!! That is AWESOME! Congrats!!

7. Lewis

Aw, great story. I hope my mum knows, even if she does she has a tendency to overreact and in the past when I've told her I have something to tell her she's like 'OMG WHAT IS IT?!?!?!?! *HAS A HEART ATTACK*'

You should be soooo proud. Brave thing to do