1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Everyone has their story...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by mattyboo, Feb 8, 2008.

1. mattyboo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Everyone has their own coming out story. And I love to read about how different people did it. And I think its great how some worked out just fine, and I feel bad about how some turned out. Well here is my story about how I came out to everyone.
    First of all, I believe that I was born gay, because even when I was a little kid, I seriously did NOT like ANY girls. Just as friends. And I never had any guy friends either. Because everyone was so mean to me. I was the lowest of the lowest on the social ladder. Eventually people started asking me if I was gay. And I didn't really think anything of how I acted, or how I talked, or anything, because I didn't understand myself really. So I started to ask myself...how do I really act? How do I come off to people when I talk? One day after school me and my best friend Morgan, decided to really find out. Because I didn't know how I sounded or anything. Eventually I decided there is no choice, I am gay. And I was fine with it. So I told everyone. Because in the beginning I wanted to see how people would react. And most of the responses were positive. Some were negative. When I had gotten to be a highschool freshman I just let everyone find out. If someone asked me I would say yes. And I wouldn't care what they thought, because their opinion didn't really matter to me. About four months after school had started, I told my dad. It was easier to tell him because I don't live with him. He just hugged me for a long time and told me he wouldn't love me any less. Since then my relationship with my dad hasn't got any better. It's actually gotten worse, but that's another story. I have one sibling->a sister. And a year after I told my dad I told her. I had to sit and explain to her how my thinking was on this. And I told her that wasn't any changing me. My mom was the hardest to tell, one because I live with her, and two because my relationship with my mom is so tight that her opinion matters the most. I actually didn't tell her. She read it in a note and asked me about it. I was like ''yeah im gay.'' and she just sat there and cried. I didn't know what to do. So I just went in my room and layed there. All day. The next day we went to my aunt's house in Ohio and she helped explain everything, because my aunt is a lesbian. And my mom understood. While I was there, I thought I would just get everything out to her. I told her that I wear make-up and that I carry a purse around with me all the time, at school. She said she was fine with it, but now I just really don't know, because she seems to accept it one day, but the next its a big deal. I'm just really confused, and I don't know how to talk to her about it, but I'll find a way.
    Anyways...that is my coming out story=]
    Matt_*//

2. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

thats a pretty cool story.Not really caring what other people think and just letting the truth be known.Good for you.

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Matty, you might suggest your Mom attend a PFLAG meeting. You can see if there is a chapter near you by going to www.pflag.org .

4. Luroon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Parents are always going to have a transition period when they are told their son/daughter is gay; that fact alone means they have to parent us different.

Like in my case, when my dad found out via my sister about my orientation, he immediately assured me that it was ok that I was gay. He then suggested that I tell the people at school that knew that perhaps I was more bi than gay, just to make sure that I stayed safe at school; I cant blame him for that stance, he grew up in LA and saw some nasty crap happen to gay friends of his. This view has softened over time, and I get the feeling he now knows that I am smart enough to know when I shouldn't tell someone about it. While I can't say that my dad would ever get used to me carrying a purse around school, I'm sure your mother will get used to it in time.