1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my best friend!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by somemiracle, Nov 2, 2012.

1. somemiracle

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So, first post! Yay. I've been thinking about posting for ages but now I feel like I actually have something to post about!

So this past year or two I've been mulling over my sexuality, and yesterday I finally decided to come out as bisexual to my friend (which I actually ended up doing today). I made sure she knew that I wasn't completely positive in that definition, but I wanted to tell her because I feel weird keeping things from her.

So basically I told her that I like girls, and boys, and I hoped that that didn't change anything. And I knew she wouldn't react negatively, but she surpassed my expectations! It was hilarious. I sent her the message on facebook and spent the whole afternoon agonising over her response until she replied about half an hour ago with: "That's fine, it's 2012 - lots of people like them tittles nowadays! It doesn't matter whether it's just a phase or whether it's something that's permanent, it's fine with me :slight_smile:"

My first proper coming out actually couldn't have gone better! I'm so happy. I'd also like to say thank you to all you guys on EC because even though I haven't been posting (read: lurking in the background) EC factored a lot in my decision to finally come out. :slight_smile:

2. Night Rain

Congraulations! :grin: And your friend is right, this is 2012. Welcome to the new world!

3. Haley M

Haley M Guest

Yay! Congrats!

4. hail1989

hail1989 Guest

That's amazing! It sounds like you and your best friend have an amazing relationship! Good luck with everything! And I also understand about lurking lol! That's what I've been doing just to see what's going on =)

5. Alan Lewrie

Congrats! I wish more people had that "It's 2012!" attitude.

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to Empty Closets! Congratulations on accepting yourself, and coming out to your friend. It's great that she surpassed all of you expectations! Sounds like you have a wonderful friend in her. :slight_smile: