1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swim Team

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by jaysuss, Nov 2, 2012.

1. jaysuss

I made my damn closet transparent like 7 minutes ago to some jerk who asked if i was gay. I just can't wait to see how this whole team trip turns out in the end now. Yay for homophobic teammates! Wish me luck with the future!

2. Alan Lewrie

Damn, I'm sorry to hear that jaysuss. Breathe, and do your damnedest not to let them get to you, that's what they (hopefully don't) want.

On a lighter note, I didn't realise you were a swimmer, what is your stroke? Mine is breast, followed by freestyle sprinting.

3. FishMan27

Oh, no! Well, I'm assuming not all of them are homophobic...hopefully. :frowning2: I'm sorry to hear.

I just started my winter season on Thursday, and I've been contemplating when I want to tell my teammates/if I even tell some of them. It's like I want to be fully out by the end of the school year (maybe even by the end of this calendar year), but there are some people who I know are quite homophobic. :frowning2: Although, I've generally found these
    people to be idiots so...yeah...

Stand your ground, and be proud of who you are. Hope all goes well. :slight_smile:

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe it won't turn out as bad as it seems at the moment. You might find some support/acceptance from some of your team mates. Hope all turns out well in the end for you.

5. jaysuss

Thanks all! No one currently even believes I'm gay besides the one jerk who is spreading the rumor i want his Dick. Now it's more like there's a chance i am in there eyes so they treat me awkward. I swim yhe 100 fly and 50 free plus relays.

6. AAE

AAE Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm in a Rugby team, most of them were cool with it, apart from one joke about me being eager to get in the scrum (which was met with a punch in the arm) I'm sure you'll be fine :slight_smile: x

7. FishMan27

For me, everyone on my team who I've told has been really cool about it. I know of at least one guy who may have a problem, but I'm not a big fan of him anyway. :slight_smile:

8. Brenny

Hang in there. I hope he doesn't cause too much drama... I can't imagine what that would be like. Hopefully most of your teammates can be accepting, or at the very least, tolerant.

9. jimL

Just keep swimming like there is no tomorrow. Show em your the same guy as always. Hope it goes good for you.

10. FollowtheFreeman

I was in the same situation. Luckily my teammates (also my best friends) bought my "I-don't-like-men-because-I-have-a-crush-on-a-girl" crap. I could only imagine what would have happened if they had found out. Showering after practice would have been a nightmare, although I would have had them all to myself.

May I ask what times you go? I am delightfully curious.

11. FishMan27

I've talked to my dad about coming out in general, and I think something he said may be of consolation. He said that those people who are your friends and have known you for a while know you for all of the wonderful things that you are. You are jaysuss the swimmer, jaysuss the whatever...who happens to be gay. Your sexuality is just a small part of who you are. There is a back side to this coin, but it doesn't really apply unless you don't know some of your teammates (and they don't know you).