1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Coming Out Casually and Indirectly

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by kc1895, Nov 2, 2012.

1. kc1895

This is my first official "public" coming out, so I thought I'd share :slight_smile:

I have a crush on one of my gym instructors for a long time. She's very athletic and charming, but I had no idea what her orientation was. During a session with my personal trainer, I asked if Claudia (my crush) had a boyfriend. My trainer always assumed I was straight, telling me that I'd find a boyfriend soon, so she was surprised and finally asked "do you have a crush on Claudia?" I didn't answer cause I was nervous to say, but I smiled and she knew the answer. She then showed me pics of Claudia on facebook and said she'd find more info about her for me. (!)

In the cafeteria, the lady at the cash register who talks a lot, asked me if I had any plans this weekend. I told her that I didn't have any. She then told me "You should get a boyfriend!". I replied softly "I don't like guys." She said "What?? You don't like nightclubs?" I said "No, I don't like guys" (a little louder so everyone behind me in line heard). She spoke loudly, "You don't like guys, AT ALL??" I said "no", as I started to feel nervous like everyone around was staring at me. She then said "Maybe you can have a girlfriend!" I laughed and said "See you later!" before literally running away. :eusa_danc

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like you had a couple of really great coming outs! Congratulations!!

Glad to read that they turned out so well, and that you have received some support. :slight_smile:

3. klickova

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats! :slight_smile:

4. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Congrats! :grin:

5. The Queen Bee

This was funny...
    You're sort of going "I don't like guys" and she was: "WHAT??!! YOU DON'T LIKE GUYS AT ALL"... If I were you, I'd have thought: "Geezus, woman... The bankteller smoking a cigaretter two blocks from here didn't hear you... Wanna go even louder??".
    lol