1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to a friend, went great! :)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Andrew91, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Andrew91

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    On my way leaving my last college class today, me and my female friend that I've known for a year were talking. Since tomorrow's the presidential election, we got to talking about politics at first. I told her i would be voting for Obama and she said that she would be voting for Romney. I always knew that she was conservative, so that didn't surprise me, but what happen next definitely did.

She told me that even though she's a conservative, she is very LGBT-friendly and that not many of her friends are. I told her that I was "friendly" as well. The conversation then when like this:

Her: "It doesn't matter to me if someone likes girls, likes guys, or goes both ways....."
    (I then interrupted her sentence without hesitation, which immediately surprised myself)
    Me: "Like me."
    Her: You mean, your door swings both ways?"
    Me: It does, known since I was atleast twelve."
    Her: Thank goodness I know someone else who is!"
    Me: "You are too? That's cool!"
    Her: I really like my friend that lives in Georgia, I had a big crush on her. I'm so glad that I have someone to talk to about this!"
    Me: "Me too!"

We've texted each other some more this afternoon sharing our thoughts on different things and what famous people and people at our college that we thought were attractive. I never thought in a million years that someone like her that was so staunchly conservative would know or hang out with LGBT people, let alone also be bisexual herself! So glad I blurted out to her that I was, I almost wished I took it back the split-second it left my mouth, but I am SO glad I told her. You never know how well coming out to someone may go! :slight_smile:

#1 Andrew91, Nov 5, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  2. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

Congrats! :]

3. Andrew91

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    thank you! :slight_smile:

4. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

Wow congrats!! I'm so glad that it went so well for you!! :grin: