1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Came Out!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by All Star, Nov 5, 2012.

1. All Star

All Star Guest

Well, this past Sunday, I came out to everyone! Friends responses-AMAZING! I was very surprised, knowing the big number of homophobes at my school. Family responses-Generally OK, except my parents. My parents were very angry at first. My mom has slowly come around, and says practice safe habits, but my dad will barely look at me. I hope he'll eventually come around. Overall, I'm so glad I came out. I've known I was gay for about a year now, and I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders!

2. DJNay

From Joburg, SA but now live in Brisbane, Aus
    Congrats :slight_smile: wow that's huge, just give ur parents time. My dad was cool with me being into girls (he doesn't know I'm trans yet and thinks I'm Bi, but whatever). I got mixed feelings from friends. That's awesome tho, I know what u mean by the "lifted weight", before I told my dad I went over what I was going to say in my head A MILLION TIMES!! And was so stressed about what his reaction would be, that when he said "ok, I don't care if you date a guy or a girl" I was like :O and nearly burst into tears with relief. Good luck for the future!

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow! That's awesome! I'm glad to hear that your friends accepted you! I'm also glad to hear that your parents are coming around.

4. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

Wow that takes a lot of courage and congrats!! You must feel amazing!! Good for you! :grin:

5. metoo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Great job! I can understand the weight off you shoulders. That must be really nice.

6. All Star

All Star Guest

Thanks guys! :grin: :grin:

7. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

AWESOME NEWS!!!!!! It sounds like it went really good, just give your dad some time I am sure he'll come around :slight_smile:

8. All Star

All Star Guest

Forgot to say, as an update....
    My mom has gone totally all for it, and my dad is actually looking and speaking to me again, so he's coming around. Amazing!! :grin:

9. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on coming out to your friends and to your parents.

It's wonderful that your friends have been amazing! Happy for you that your mom is accepting and coming around to it, and that your dad has started to speak with you again. With time, your dad will come around fully. It seems that your mom is already well on her way! Awesome! :slight_smile:

10. madi

So happy for you :slight_smile: Sorry your parents didn't have the best response, but it sounds like you feel good about it.

11. TearDropFairy91

Congrats!! :eusa_clap :thumbsup: (*hug*) still wish i could come out.

12. All Star

All Star Guest

New update!
    My dad and I are having great conversations about this election, and other topics! He's not being a total arse anymore! YAY! :grin:

13. kingdominth4

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Omg grtz that's so sweet you guys are talking about the election I'm wtching it noe :3

14. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm very sorry that your parents were not properly supportive, but it's amazing your friends were.

And now to that you can add our marriage equality victories.

15. ezkill

So are your parents religious? Or what was the deal? I'm curious to know... I plan on telling mine very, very, very soon.

16. All Star

All Star Guest

Not really, I guess they were really caught of guard, seeing as they always talked about me getting the perfect wife and having perfect children.