1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to a friend without thinking... and it felt great!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Tails Luver, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Tails Luver

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Okay, so today, one of my friends and I had some freetime in Weight Training class, and we were just talking about random stuff, and sooner or later, we got to talking about politics (since today's election day), specifically about how we don't like Romney's policy on LGBT people. Eventually, I said, "I just don't get how some straight people are offended by gays," and he ended up replying, "Yeah. I doesn't offend me. It doesn't offend you, right?" Obviously, he assumed I'm straight (which is good and bad at the same time). Without even thinking , I just said to him, "To be honest, I'm not straight." And he went on to say how that doesn't offend him or matter to him in any way. Immediately after I had said it, I was a bit worried, but then I started to feel on top of the world! :icon_bigg I'm so proud of myself because I can actually say it now (at least to some people) without having to worry about anything! :eusa_danc I hope I don't worry about it when I come out in the future to my friends that don't know.

2. Lewis

:grin: well done. I did something similar, I was out drinking with friends and they brought some of their friends (that I'd never met before) and I just talked openly about me being gay, they didn't care at all.

3. Brenny

That was really great timing! I always tell myself not to let opportunities like that pass me by and you set a good example in that!