1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First event while out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by O_Negative, Nov 7, 2012.

1. O_Negative

Hello there!

I've been a bit MIA and for that I apologize.

I thought it would be nice to share this experience though. Its not really a coming out story but a nice one about being out.

On Monday I went to a panel at my school called TRANS*form The Way You Think. THe panelists were two trans*men from our school and two trans*women from the community (as far as I know there are no MtF's at the school). One of the guys was a good friend of mine. His name's Ro.

It was a boy day and I felt good because...well...everyone remembered to look for my bracelet (which to people who dont know me, indicates that it is a boy day and to please call me Gage/male)...everyone called me Gage...and nobody blinked an eye at it.

At the end I desperately wanted to give Ro a hug. Some of the stuff he was talking about was difficult. Little did I know, I was the one in need of the hug. Mid-embrace, I told him that it was an awesome panel, and the first event like it that I was out/boy for. When he let go he just had this huge grin on his face. He asked me how it felt and I realized that man...it felt GOOD.

I realized after that it felt so good because I didn't feel like I had to try. I wasn't trying to pass as male, or act male...I was just Gage. I was just another guy at the panel. No big deal was made. It felt...so good.

Ro and the other members of our GSA were all very supportive as I hung around after the panel. They all told me if I ever needed anything, or just a place to crash because I dreaded going home, to just reach out.

What amazing friends I have...and I just...feel so good now.

2. Haley M

Haley M Guest

That sounds awesome! :slight_smile:

3. Elizabeth101

Nice! thats so cool