1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Swim Team Member

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by jaysuss, Nov 7, 2012.

1. jaysuss

I decided to come out to a guy who was very homophobic or seemed it until he explained to me why he acted that way. It was just casual chat after practice and the subject of rumors about each other came up. Apparently there are ones about me being gay, a prostitute, drug dealer/doer, criminal, and fraudulent. He wanted to know which was true so i told him and he thought me being gay was the one that want. It is the only one that is true and now i have to go around ratifying myself. I had no clue that many things were being said.

2. jaysuss

Oh yeah also found out he is bi

3. withoutApaddle

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well that's a much better outcome than you were originally thinking in your last thread. He's probably just as nervous and confused as you are.

Why do you think these rumors or questions came about? Sometimes they're just made up out of nowhere. Or sometimes you're doing something or acting in a way that might make people think that. If that is the case, do you want to keep doing that? Are you doing it intentionally or didn't realize it?

4. jaysuss

They all relate back to my past which I am not proud of. I was a shady character where some of those things were true but I stopped about 4 years ago..

5. Emberblaze

Oh well jeez... How the hell did rumors like THAT even stir up!

Well, anyways, good job on coming out, right. As far as clearing your name, speaking personally from what III would do in your situation, I don't think someone like me would worry about it too much.If the rumors ain't true, you shouldn't have to go outta your way to clear yourself out, only to the people that matter. That's what i'd do anyway

6. Ticklish Fish

HS rumors, lol...
    you can start with friends you have and casually correct whatever rumor comes up...

and in the case of your other thread, maybe you shouldn't do drugs so you dont have that drug dealer rumor...

7. withoutApaddle

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    When you were 11 or 12 years old???

Either way, I don't think you have anything to worry about with the guy you thought was a homophopic jerk. Hell, you might find he becomes a friend... more. The only thing other people have to judge you on for real is what you do in the present. Keep being a good person and that's what people will see. A very cute, kind, and talented person.

If you're friendly with anyone else, and you're comfortable, you can tell them a little about your past and how you've changed for the better. People might have heard what you were but probably don't know how you've changed.

8. jaysuss

They just hurt because I don't want it affecting my college chances like before.

9. withoutApaddle

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It shouldn't have any effect on college. It's not like the applications ask if you've ever done things you regret and to list them out. Your grades count. Your extra curricular activities count. Your sports count, sounds like you're a great swimmer. Like I said before, worry about the present. Make the best of the present. Because that's what counts.

And BTW, doing drugs to "feel better", that will wreck the shit out of your chances at college.