1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

came out involuntary

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Broken, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Broken

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I was outed by my sister who told my brother who told my parents who didnt take it well at all. The turning the gay daughter straight plan started and they didnt succeed of course in that. Pressure, threats, religion, friends, paramedics and doctors were used in the process lol. they went all of their way to turn me straight but of course thats not possible. still the process is going on but staying strong in there and ignoring the pressure as much as possible.

OUT AND PROUD. :grin:

2. Lewis

I'm sorry that it didn't go great for you, but it's good that you're out (and proud). Live for yourself and be happy, regardless of whether they accept you or not. :slight_smile:

3. an0nchick

I'm sorry, dear.

4. Broken

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks :slight_smile: yea thats what i decided that i have to live and be happy whether they accept me or not I cant let that define my future or happiness

---------- Post added 9th Nov 2012 at 10:53 AM ----------

I'm sorry, dear.[/QUOTE]

thank you

5. Isabelle

I'm gald you came out and that your proud. Live your life for yourself. Be who you are and don't let anyone stop you from being you

6. Cassandra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Wow, reading what you said, I didn't tought that you'll be taking it so well, I'm proud of you(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)!!!

7. Broken

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you. It is hard but all i can do is deal with it daily from now on and always tell myself what they do is out of love and not to blame my parents much because it is hard for them to accept it due to their beliefs and culture.

All we can do is stay strong love ourselves and be happy no matter what :slight_smile:

8. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Sorry to hear that your parents haven't taken the news all too well. But, and hopefully, they will come around and be accepting. (*hug*)

But glad to read that you have taken a positive approach, and are happy to be out, and live your life. :slight_smile:

9. Broken

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you glad to know i have a great support. the struggle isnt over yet. my dad is planning to fly to canada from back home to change me. I might just have to leave home because they pay for the rent.

10. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

I hope you have friends you can stay with. I'm sorry you going through this though.

Been there done that. so NOT fun.:bang: My Godparents drove 10 hrs to come talk to me, and had a priest show up, and constant talk, talk, talk about how could I do this to my wife and grandson, and my family. Don't I care for them, why would I want to be so evil. I must be crazy, I need therapy.....yada yada yada. Then well lets try prescription meds and those will help fix you.

*sigh*
    Just know they love you, they just can't deal with the belief that being Lesbian is fine, and normal too. (*hug*)

11. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh dear. I guess acceptance is going to be a long ways off. How do you feel about leaving home? Would you be able to afford to share a place, say with a friend? Do you have a job? (*hug*)

12. Broken

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    hi,
    I have a weekend job cant support me but im looking for a part time job since all of this happened so i can support myself and move out. Im 23 so im old enough to takecare of myself so i wont have to deal with all this stress and messages every time i go out. i can stay with my partner and her mom for a couple of weeks till i get a place. all my other friends mostly live with their parents or someone lol

if my dad comes it will get worse but im hoping he wont come anytime soon.

13. Ticklish Fish

Congrats Congrats!

14. teluphone

Congratz. I wish i can be out and proud myself

15. Rainbow Panda

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm sorry that it went that way for you :/
    I once knew a girl who got kicked out of her own home for being a lesbian when her parents found out. She went to a therapist and explained her problem, the therapist then started a communication between the parents and my friend and eventually got them to accept her sexuality. She moved back home and things got better for her :slight_smile:

Maybe you could try the same thing, if your parents are open to it. Good luck with it they shouldn't try to change who you are :slight_smile:

16. Broken

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My parents don't want to kick me out but their pressure will eventually force me to leave. They want me to go to a therapist to change me not accept me. But I won't let anyone change who I am
    Thank u :grin:

17. Hard Candy

Hard Candy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I think you should talk to your sister about what she did. But you are so strong Kudos my friend!

18. Ticklish Fish

don't end up flirting with therapist...

19. Broken

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I won't go to a therapist with them because they want me to go to change so that's useless lol.
    Today I was called selfish and ungrateful kid for being gay I bet millions of us heard that from our parents my reply to that was thank u lol

---------- Post added 11th Nov 2012 at 06:16 PM ----------

I spoke to my sister about what she did and she believes that she did the right thing no matter what the outcome is

20. Fruitylicious

Just keep your head held high and know that you are perfect just the way you are:slight_smile:

Is there any family or friends that you could stay with?

As far as your sister, I don't think she should have done that considering you told her in confidence:/