1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to my best friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Steph97, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Steph97

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So, when i was in eighth grade, i started thinking that i was gay. I told one person and they told everyone. I wasn't completely sure if i was or wasn't so I just told everyone that they were just rumors.
    Now, two years later, i've decided that i'm bisexual. I had been thinking about it for a while, and decided to come out to my best friend.
    It was halloween and i was at her house and we were getting ready to work at a local haunted house for charity. We had just done our makeup and i was like, "Hey, can i tell you something?"
    "Yeah."
    "Promise not to freak out?"
    "Promise. Hey, take my picture." I got my phone out and pondered how i would tell her.
    She made herself look as crazy as possible (we were mental patients). While she was posing, right as i took the picture, i blurted it out. "I'm bisexual"
    "Ok" she was so calm, like i had just told her i had just told her i wanted pizza or something.
    "That's it?"
    "Yeah. I mean, i kind've knew. You're really smart, and pretty and funny, but you never have a boyfriend for long. " she wasn't coming on to me, she's dating my step brother. "I heard the rumors in 8th grade but i just thought either you weren't or you just weren't comfortable enough to tell me. I also have pretty good gaydar."
    I wasn't sure if i should've been offended that it was so obvious.
    Lately, we talk about it. I've come out to two other friends since then. She asks me how i knew and talks about how it really impresses her how comfortable i am with it.