1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talking to my therapist

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Koan, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Koan

Koan Guest

This post may only be borderline relevant to this forum....

But today I started really talking with my therapist about my sexuality for the first time. I came out to her before summer, but summer vacation and other stuff came in the way of talking more to her about my sexuality.

The talk was hard, as I felt vulnerable. But it was also really good, because I think being vulnerable is the only way to become real. And I have been numb about this subject for so many years (never daring mentioning it to my previous therapist or anyone else), so now it feels like I am slowly coming alive.

It is amazing so much has happened since I insecurely muttered those words to her before summer. Since then, I have had the courage to start accepting myself, not to forget that I have joined this forum :slight_smile:

I have always lived with the irrational fear of being found out, and ultimately ending up completely alone. Now I instead see myself heading towards self-acceptance and choosing the people who accept me over everyone else.

I am tired but also hopeful.

2. Eleanor Rigby

That is completely relevant to this forum :slight_smile:
    Congratulations for coming out to your therapist (*hug*) I'm really glad it's helping you becoming more self-acceptant. I'm very confident that one day, you'll be completely comfortable with yourself and happy with who you are.
    Take good care of yourself (*hug*), Cécile