1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roommate Stress

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by HarleyQ, Nov 14, 2012.

1. HarleyQ

I'm planning on moving in with two friends, a male and a female. My male friend is gay and he knows I'm bi... and the female friend knows... nothing. I'm worried that if I come out it will ruin the chance we have at this great place because she won't want to move it with me anymore. :/

Should I 'fess up or leave things the way they are? My pro-con list is equally divided on this issue :/

2. BudderMC

I don't know your friends obviously, but I'd wager if she's moving in with a gay guy, she's probably okay with LGBT people.

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! As BudderMC said, it sounds like that she should be okay with LGBT people. Why do you think or feel she would not be accepting or wanting you to move in?

4. SparkDT

Yeah, I'd say there probably wouldn't be too much of a problem. My roommates were pretty reasonable when I came out to them, and they weren't really exposed to anything LGBT beforehand.

5. prism

I'm not out to either of my female roommates. I understand why it's scary, but I also feel that it's none of their business and it would be more their fault than mine if they were uncomfortable.

Sometimes things are only a big deal because we make them that way.

Hope this helped!

6. babyjax13

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm fairly out at school and people know that I am gay once they know me - so my roommates have that to work from - but I don't feel the need to tell them.

7. Colours

Does she know the other guy is gay? If so, it probably won't be a problem. If not, I think you should tell her anyway, because having to do it after you've moved into the new place will only be harder if you ask me.

8. canuck

Only you can decide if you want to tell her or not. If she's willing to move in with a guy she knows is gay then I don't see any problem arising out of this.