1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm in shock.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by hatethiscloset, Nov 14, 2012.

1. hatethiscloset

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well i just wanted to share this coming out story because I am literally overbrimming with happiness right now lol. I have been wanting to tell my guy best friend that I am gay for over a year now, and just last night I got up the courage and finally told him. This entire time I have been thinking of worst-case scenarios and seriously preparing to lose him as a friend.....but I still felt the need to tell him. Well right after I said it, his first impression was " omg this is actually so cool! but idk why haha". i was literally blown away. I just stared in disbelief and he assured me that i am his best friend and he is absolutely ok with it....and this is a guy who almost never gives away any emotion. Since last night, i have been spending all day just going over that conversation again and again in my head. In one sense, I have never been so happy. But I feel like its beyond that. I am just sort of in awe, I have to keep telling myself it WASNT a dream. Needless to say I havent been this happy in a long time.

2. Closet88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am so happy for you, your friend sounds really cool. This story has made me happy because I am terrified of coming out due to the same fears you had. Hopefully my friends will react the same when I eventually come out :slight_smile:

3. TheSeeker

That is awesome! Even with the friends I wasn't worried about, I still released a breath I didn't even know I was holding when they said they accepted me! Congratulations buddy, that is a huge step!!!

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's awesome! I'm glad to hear that he is ok with you! Congrats!

5. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

Congratulations on a great coming out (!):eusa_clap

6. SparkDT

I did the same earlier this year - it is an AMAZING feeling. Beyond belief.

Congrats so much! :grin:

7. hatethiscloset

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks everyone! :slight_smile: And yeah, this was probably the hardest thing ive ever had to do but now I am soooo glad I did it

8. Shadow7796

Shadow7796 Guest

Congratulations! It has definitely lifted a weight from your shoulders, right?