1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

grandma doesnt care that im transgender

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Myra48, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Myra48

ok, i came out as gay and transgender a few months ago and my grandma did not take it well at all. she "accepted" that im "gay" but she wouldn't acknowledge that that i am not happy as a girl and feel like a boy. i went to a psychologist a few times but my grandma wouldnt let me go back because she didnt like her. i let the whole thing rest and didnt mention it again untill today. i was almost crying because i was expecting a whole flare up but she didnt. she just listened. it was amazing, i was able to tell her everything that i experienced growing up and how i always felt this way. she acted like she completely understood and even took me shopping. she got me a pair of guys jeans and a jacket. im so happy right now i cant even believe it. shes even supporting me going to the other university. i told her how they work with transgender students and let them live in co ed dorms or with the gender that they identify with and she was genuinely happy for me. also shes letting me get a binder and best of all, she is really trying to understand all of this. i just cant believe the complete change of mind she has about this. i just wanted to share this with you guys (!):grin:

2. Ticklish Fish

Congratulations!!!

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's awesome!! Congrats on coming out!!

4. AAASAS

You have a dope grandma, mine wouldn't be happy if I wasn't dating someone white.

5. DhammaGamer

yaya, that's awesome! :slight_smile: She must have powered through that denial stage like a pro!

6. AlexisAnne

I'm glad to hear it. :slight_smile: It just goes to show that an initially poor reaction doesn't mean that somebody won't come eventually come around if they really love and care about you. Gives me a little hope for an unpleasant coming out that I have coming up. I hope things continue to look up for you :slight_smile:

7. Lucy56

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Fantasic!!!! :slight_smile: