1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out is like Christmas morning ( multiple stories)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by nibbler, Nov 16, 2012.

1. nibbler

nibbler Guest

Hey guys. I came to about 11 people so far and all of them went great. Its getting easier and easier, until I will reach my parents. All of these happened on Facebook with the exception of the last coming out incident.

1st person- I told a distant friend. I wasn't close to her, but we used to trade games every now and then. She was so happy for me and wouldn't suspect it. Unfortunately her experience as coming out bisexual to her parents wasn't that great.

2nd person- I am fairly close with this person, but I never met her in real life. An internet friend per se. So I told her and didn't believe me, but said she'd accept me and traded some secrets of her own.

3rd and 4th person-I told two guys that I'm friends with- not best friends but were ok. They were both really nice about it.

5th person- A guy in our group at school that is also gay, although you can't tell. We talked a lot and now we are really good friends.

6th person- First time I told a stranger. She was my friends sister, but she is a huge supporter of women and gay rights. So I messaged her on facebook to thank her. She replied back saying that this is the most heartwarming message she ever got and that people are always fighting for our rights.

7th, 8th, and 9th person- After Obama's win I was elated - even tho I'm not American :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. So i found these three girls online on facebook. They were my highschool friends and we are friends to this date. So I told them all at once. After a bried pause, they flooded me with "<3 well be friends no matter what".

10th and 11th person- My actual group that I hang out every day.I told two girls from this group IN PERSON. My heart was pounding really hard. But it was worth it. They said they didn't know, but one of them replied how you should be able to love whoever you choose and the other one was super empathetic since she has a closeted friend in a similar situation.

So far my coming out process was nerve wracking, but great. SO far at this point I came out to about half of my friends, and can easily accept a negative outcome if this were to occur. I am super proud of myself and happy of having the best friends ever. Within six months I plan on coming out to my parents -- I just hope that will go as smooth.

The mouoral of the story: Come out slowly, first to accepting people that aren't as important to you. Then to accepting people that ARE important to you.:smilewave

2. Chickzak

Awww thanks so much for sharing this! And for your positive words at the end of the thread! Keep on going if you feel its right and best of luck with the parents! You'll do great xD

3. Ticklish Fish

Congrats for your supportive people! lol

4. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! (!)

On rocking all that coming out that went fantastically well.:eusa_clap

5. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats, sounds great! Kind of makes me want to send a family friend I know who supports equality a message on Facebook. We never see each other, but when everyone was supporting Chick-Fil-A, she stopped going there. She's a photographer and had a shoot with the NO-H8 theme. I really liked that story because I bet she really did love your message. :slight_smile:

6. Toaddy

Congratulations! I'm really happy for you! before you know it you'll be totally out. So lets just hope you have great luck with your parents. Remember, were always here for you. :slight_smile: