1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dad down :)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by LightningRider, Nov 17, 2012.

1. LightningRider

Dad came down for a visit today and before he had to leave again I made sure to sit him down and tell him. :slight_smile:
    We just sat in the car after going out for dinner and told him that I am transgender and that I want to be a boy.

And he's the last of my family that I really needed to tell and be accepted by.
    The rest of my family I'm not too close to and although I will need to come out to everyone eventually, I've told those who I have a closer connection to.
    There's only my two young cousins (ages 11 & 6) who I would consider close and I have no idea how to broach the subject to them.

So yeah. :grin:

Feeling pretty damn amazing (!)

2. AlexisAnne

Congrats on that LR :slight_smile: It doesn't really say in your post but I'm assuming it went well?

3. LightningRider

Haha! Oh yeah, he said that I'll always be his child, even if I'm not always his little girl :slight_smile:
    He is very confused at the moment and I told him to just ask any questions he has.
    But otherwise, he accepted me and just wants me to be happy and will always love me. n_n

4. AlexisAnne

I'm glad to here it :slight_smile: It feels good when your list starts to get short, doesn't it?

5. LightningRider

I'm down to
    -my 2 cousins
    -rest of my family
    -rest of my friends

There's no more names really. :slight_smile: