1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If I can do it… You can do it too!!! :)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Bird66, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Bird66

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Dear EC readers,

Sorry for being MIA for so long on this website, have been quite busy and all (with coming out for example :icon_wink), but I wanna tell you that I have done the impossible!

Actually, I would like you to read my intro-story I wrote here on EC so you can see where I have been coming from: http://emptyclosets.com/forum/support-advice/68779-verge-coming-out.html

.... Sooo, I have DONE it! I am SO proud of myself and happy. I have been coming out to my parents (for real this time, first time I 'came out' to them I was questioning), my brother and my best friend. Some coming outs were a bit emotionally, and I have been feeling miserable before all of them (like the 'OMG THIS IS REALLY HAPPENING NOW' thoughts + all the drama when they actually happened). Anyway, they all responded so nice and omg… Even better than I ever expected! We just talked about it normally, like adults and it was no big deal. They all never really expected it, but they are happy for me that I can finally be myself. I certainly realise how happy and lucky I am to have such an awesome family and friends. I would like to come out to a few more friends in the near future, but I have done the most important people in my life so far!

If you are reading this and you are in the same situation as I was, let me explain you the following. First, coming out to yourself is the most important step. This took a long ass time for me (4 years!), but it was when I finally accepted for myself that I am gay, I could say it to other people as well. Furthermore, read lots and lots on EC since they have such amazing advices here! Lastly, come out on your own pace. You don’t have to come out to anyone you don’t feel like coming out to. But come out to the people who are worth it, for you.

Don’t know how it goes from here for me. Coming out is the first step of course.. Now being and living gay is something different, and I’ll see how it goes. I know the biggest burden is gone now that I have come out, and actually.. It’s not such a big deal at all, really. How awesome after such a struggle for the past few years!

Thanks EC! :slight_smile:

2. Gen

Gen

Welcome Back and Yay, you. I'm happy for you ^_^.

(*hug*)

3. teluphone

Congratz. I having trouble gauging who i should i come out because i feel worthless in every sense

4. TallButShort

TallButShort Guest

Hey welcome back :smilewave

Wish i could share that happiness :icon_sad: I cant decide how to come out yet.

---------- Post added 18th Nov 2012 at 06:36 PM ----------

I'm in exactly the same situation but strongs :thumbsup: