1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a good strategy?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by hatethiscloset, Nov 18, 2012.

1. hatethiscloset

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi again, well after recently coming out to my best friend I thought to myself that I would be done worrying about coming. I have now told 3 of my friends and they are really the closest people to me in my life, I don't really care if anyone else knows or not, since they all know and accept me for it. So I told myself that after telling my best friend I wouldn't tell anyone else. Except now I DO want one more person to know! I would call her another best friend, but I never really talk to her about really deep stuff, she is more like the friend I hang out with to have a great time, not the person to go to for advice. I really want to come out to her now because usually me, her, and my (previously mentioned) best friend usually hang out a lot. And she is the type to always bring up guys she thinks are hot. Being that she is the only one in this group who doesnt know, I want to come out so I can be more of myself around them. Like I really just wanna tell her sometimes OMG YES HES SO HOT lol. Anyway, she literally talks about guys allll the time and I know for a fact she has nothing against gay people. So I was wondering if it would be okay to just let her bring up a guy and then tell her if I think he is hot or not. After that, she would probably sortof look at me weird and this is when I would just be like "oh yeah, I'm gay!" Do you think this is a good idea, or is it too random?

2. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's a good idea. Casually sounds like a fair plan for her. Even if you just told her she would probably be cool. So I think that's good, just act like it's a known fact!
    Good luck!!! (*hug*)

3. Night Sun

I agree with what The Escapist said. It sounds like it would be a good idea for her. I personally love to use this strategy, so I wish you the best of luck. :thumbsup:

4. hatethiscloset

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks. It would be the first time I've used this way to come out. Usually my nerves get the better of me and I can never just insert it into a conversation, with all of my other friends I had to sit in front of my phone for like a half hour and build up the courage and I just sort of randomly say it haha.

5. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's okay, I'm sure friends will understand. :slight_smile: