1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out, adjusting, learning the ropes, and LIVING.. Help!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Akatosh, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Akatosh

I have come out to some of my best friends (not my besty tho), and it was pretty difficult. Then, I became comfortable with the reduced weight, but definitely was not satisfied. I have recently put together the fact that the root of most of all the shit that I've put myself through in life has stemmed from my sexuality, and I frankly would like to feel in control of outcomes of things. To do so, I need to come out. In what order I do things, I have no idea.

Except, I know I need to tell my best friend/roommate so we can grow closer. As far as family, I want to tell my mom, then father. I don't know how to go about conversation starters, etc. I'm unsure of how dating works in the gay scene. I've dl a well known app simply to talk and meet new people, but people always want more on that thing, so I deleted it. I see cute guys everywhere, but that doesn't mean I can walk up to them and ask for their number if I don't know if we are on the same team. I want to know how successful, monogamous gay couples meet. I have no experience with men, physically, and I don't know if that makes me undesirable or not. I might be somewhat prude, but I don't know, I've only dated women (never slept with one). I don't drink, smoke trees, or any of that, so parties aren't my favorite places to meet people. I'm finally graduating from undergrad in may, and I want to come out before then. My biggest fear is I will remain closeted, live alone, and dream of how my life could be. I don't want to feel this alienation anymore. The seclusion and lack of connection I feel makes me question whether I'm a sociopath. While I don't believe that is the case, the thick barrier my sexuality has created has made me wholeheartedly believe it at times. I want to feel alive and happy.. Alive and happy. :eusa_danc

---------- Post added 22nd Nov 2012 at 02:53 AM ----------

I re-read this after posting.. It's really late, I'm falling asleep (as are most of my higher functioning thought processes), and there doesn't seem to bemuch direction in what I wrote. I basically want to know how you felt before and after coming out; how you came out to family; how your personal life changed; where/how you meet men (the kind you'd want to bring home); is being an idealist bad when looking for relationships; did you find love?; was the love mutual?; how do you learn to trust men physically if you have no experience; is the inexperience a deal breaker for most?; how does one get over sex if one is a germaphobe?; did you ever date a guy, then force him to get an std test before sex?; is that crazy that I asked the last question?; how does your family treat your bf/gf in lo of being something different than heterosexual?; how long did it take you to not feel weird to post photos as a couple?; are you happy? At least, are you happier than before?; has your sense of guilt and shame absolved?; would you kiss your bf/gf lovingly in front of your family?

Phones about to die.. The boiled down version of my confusing post is detailed just above

2. caramba2654

No, I haven't found love yet. I've found a crush, but that's all. I think I'll probably find someone when I'm in college or something. Other than that, I don't really know where to find someone. I think that I'd go to places that had things I liked. Therefore there should be someone that has similar liking and is gay.