1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to mom...:/

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by lexi, Nov 22, 2012.

1. lexi

lexi Guest

I came out to my mom. :eek: I know it could have been WAYY worse..
    She didnt kick me out
    She didnt get mad
    She didnt cry
    She didnt say she hated me
    she didnt do much at all.
    She made sure i knew that she accepted me, and she loved me, and i was still the smae person, blah blah blah.
    Then I talked to her about my concerns and such.
    She told me I was making a big deal out of nothing. Apparently im being dramatic, making it a bigger issue than it is. Apparently nobody is actually going to care who if i fall in love with a girl instead of a boy. Apparently its just not a big deal.

I had never even considered that i could be bi, it was so scary and unknown, and basically forbidden in this town. I've spent the passed 6 months trying to figure myself out. At first, I cried...alot. Then i got really, really scarred. Then I got really confused. Then I realized that i was, in fact, Bi. Then I paniced. Then I came to terms with it. then i got kind of excited that i accepted myself, and came out to my mom.

but its no big deal... i just made a scary yet exciting new discovery about myself. Oh well. :icon_sad: I just kind of feel like all that courage was for nothing- that I wasted 6 months on something that im "too young to even know for sure" about. :dry:

My sister on the other hand (the one i was worried about) was so much easier..
    Me: "...Im Bisexual"
    Her: "so?"
    *what a releif! she doesnt hate me!* (!)

But I know that i'm mostly frusterated and everything will be fine again tomorrow :slight_smile: I'm thankfull for still being loved

#1 lexi, Nov 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2012
  2. Ticklish Fish

Congratulations!

Now go save me some turkey

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats on coming out!

4. Skyline

Congratulations! It's nice to know that things aren't as scary as you make them out to be right?
    Honestly I think half the girls I know are bisexual, maybe the world is finally getting used to it.

5. Bree

Yeah, I told my mom I was bi when I was 16, and she said "Oh, everyone feels like that at when they're growing up." I didn't bring it up again for three years. I've since realized that neither of my parents would be completely opposed to a relationship with someone of the same sex, however. I'm starting to believe that very few people are 100% anything.

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on coming out to your mom and sister! It's great that your coming out is off to a good start! :slight_smile:

7. rday13

rday13 Guest

Congratulations on coming out to your mom and sister.
    You now have something important to be thankful for this Thanksgiving :grin:

8. KarnKahlo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Congratulations!!! That is awesome that everything worked out well. Really Happy for you!!! :slight_smile: