1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It helps to come out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Skyline, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Skyline

So, I love to cross dress. More specially, I love to play the role of a female. I am still exploring the reason behind why I am like this, but coming out with this passion to different people has helped me greatly—both in understanding it and accepting it. So here is my story so far:

The first person I have ever told about my cross dressing was one of my very close online friends. I have yet to meet her in person but I will be seeing her after new year’s. This is the same friend who was supportive enough to even send me some of her own clothes. Until I told her, I owned no female clothing.

After her, I told a couple more online friends that I trust. One was not judgmental at least. She took it well. The other was a little taken aback I think. She tried to convince me that I needed to stop for my own good. I didn’t like that, so I stopped talking to her about it.

Just recently I told my cousin. She was super supportive too! And like my friend, she offered to give me some of her old clothes. I’m thankful to have such supportive friends and family.

I have yet to tell any guys about how I am, I wonder if it would be different? All of the girls I've told have been really supportive, as I knew they would be. But… I don’t think that would be the case with any of the guys I know. Except for my brother and father; they are open minded and I know I can trust them, but the fact that I live with them and I don’t want them to look at me differently makes it hard to tell them.

Thanks for giving my story a read! I'm interested in any feedback you may have.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! First off, congratulation one having been able to talk about cross dressing to your friends, and also to your cousin. Wonderful that they are (for the most part) so supportive and have offered you some of their clothes. :slight_smile:

I think if you know that the males in your life (such as your brother and father) are open to ideas and you can trust them, that is already something important to keep in mind. Usually, if people are open minded and supportive, they don't see people differently after someone has come out to them. You might be even surprised that some of your male fiends might feel indifferent about it, or not seeing it as a big deal.

If you feel that for example your brother would be understanding and supportive, maybe think about letting him know first, and once you have his support, try coming out to your dad. Maybe give it some thought.

3. Cassandra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    :icon_redf I really wish I have a friend who can gift me some of her old clothes :grin:, getting a whole woman wardrobe from scratch is REALLY expensive.

It's really good you can talk about this with your friends. About your concern, I talked about myself to 3 friends, 2 of wich are males and the other one is transgender FtM (wich gives him the point of view of both female and male, I guess), and the 3 of them were very supportive.

For the both guys, they looked clearly uncomfortable when I was talking, but that's natural, after all you're changing the image thay have of you. But once finished, both were really supportive. Even so, I can talk about my "female issues" with them both when I need it, and they hear me and all.

After telling them about my "female side" one of them actually asked me to see me crossdressed. When I did it, we both were tooo nervous; but, what eased my soul was his expression when he saw me. He relaxed. After that, he told me exactly what I thought he felt: he was really nervous, but when I come out crossdressed, I looked "normal", and he understood there was nothing to be nervous about in the first place.

I'm still grateful to him to this day for saying that.

What I try to say is: if the males in your life really care about you, it's most likely they won't react adversely, and give you their support.

Hope I helped you, even if only a little.

4. Skyline

For some reason it is hard for me to fully believe that they would be indifferent, but yet from a logical view point, I know that this will most likely be the case. I will give it some thought, and maybe it won't take me too long to tell them. Thanks!

-

Yeah not only can it be expense to buy a woman wardrobe, it can also be embarrassing for me. I don't have the courage to shop at a store for them. I mean, I could shop online I suppose, but I wouldn't be able to try anything on.

I hope I have a similar experience to yours. I want my father and brother to think that I look natural in female clothing. If they don't think that then... well, I suppose it is enough that they except me.

Thanks for sharing your experience with me! I was glad to read it. I think it did help :slight_smile:

5. Cassandra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Don't worry about that. When I started buying clothes, I took my measures (bust, waist, hips, etc) and when looking up on ebay I always looked at the clothes that had the measurements, and buy according to that. From everything I bought until now, not a single thing has not fitted me. Just remember to buy by the measurements (size is just a guide) and it will be fine.

Also, if you have a female friend that can do you the favor, you can go shopping with her. And if she is from the same sizing as you, she may try the clothes on to see if they fit you. I did this for the first time last monday, and it was amazing.

Don't worry, and keep it up!!!(*hug*)(*hug*)

6. Skyline

Hey, that's a good idea! I don't know why I didn't think of that. Buying by measurements should definitely make it easy!

As for shopping with a female friend, I don't know if I have anyone like that yet, but maybe once I come out with more of them... maybe. ^_^

7. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can certainly understand that coming out to your male family members as a crossdresser could be more difficult than telling your female friends. For one thing, we're talking about men here, with all of the cultural background that means! While many men are affirmative about gender variance, many are not.

I'm really glad that although you are straight, you are queer enough to find a home here, and I certainly hope that you will feel at home here!

8. Skyline

Yep. I like to think that my family members are all okay with it. I just still feel uneasy for the time being; and I think that's okay.

Thanks! And I do feel at home here. After all, this is about gender and sexual orientation equality right? It's not just about the homosexual and bisexual individuals. ^_^